Early labour - how long?

batgirl3111

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows how long early labour should be....?

I have had backache, period pains, diahorrea and what feel like contractions for the last 24 hours but it is not progressing any further...just wondering if anyone else has had this?

it can last days...sorry..or hours.. all depends on your body.. keep active.. get on your hands and knees..scrub the floor or something...go for a walk..the more active you are the shorter inactive labout should be..

Can now speak from experience!!! In hindsight...my symptoms were a bit of a runny tummy, back ache and period pain type cramps.

batgirl3111 said:
Just wondering if anyone knows how long early labour should be....?

I have had backache, period pains, diahorrea and what feel like contractions for the last 24 hours but it is not progressing any further...just wondering if anyone else has had this?

OH god.. I've had bad diahorrea for the past week, then yesterday and this morning I've had period pains and a bad lower back, but not the usually back pain... the same dull ache I had when I went into labour with Tia... :shock: I've spent the past day convincing myself that it's all in my head, or stretching pains.. :roll:

Edit... OMG Finlay looks soo sweet and tiny in your ava Kylie... :)

So, I phoned the midwife this morning and was told that yes it sounded like I was in early labour but that it could take days so I should carry on as normal and go Christmas shopping or something! My OH stayed home from work as we thought things were happening so we've been out a bit which was nice but now I am back at home again with the same aches and pains....I am still 10 days early but I could really do with bubbs either coming or to stop teasing me with these pains!!!! Sorry for all the whinging....

midna said:
LOL @ tease ..it really is isnt it been havin all sorts of "signs" in the last week ...I aint even gonna believe it now when it does happen pfft. :D

Just gonna carry on as norm till seed is ready ..which will be in 2 weeks having to be induced no doubt lol.

Lol that's what I say... I ain't trusting none of these signs unless I have my show, bleeding or contractions...even then i think I will be reluctant to believe it... But just a precaution I will be buying a water proof mattress cover.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The trouble is that this is my first baby so I don't have any idea what to expect....everyone says that I will just know when I am in labour but if you have never experienced it before how do you know how it starts???

well i had no idea i was in early labour when i went to be induced...the midwife picked it up on the monitor!! :doh: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back