What do you need to buy new & whats ok 2nd hand?

Vicxzy

Reaction score
As above really... I know you should buy new cot mattress & car seat but what else has to be new?x

I would recommend a new changing mat and quite a few people say sterilisers but I got most my stuff second hand including car seat but only because I knew where it's from. x

i got alot second hand, pram, carseat (knew her tho) cot + matress, moses basket, bouncer, playgym, few clothes..

I've just bought cot matress new everything else is secong hand, apart from gifts people have given me xx

pretty much everything i own is second hand or borrowed! my cot matress is new but my cot is 2nd hand. and i got treated to a new travel system by the inlaws. i bought muslin squares and bibs and towels and blankets all new, but ive been given so many clothes so not bought any of them new hardly! and i build my collection of nappies up whenever i go shopping x

we got a new cot mattress, a few new clothes, few blankets, new ppram (inlaws) and a swing.
the rest of the stuff was a daughters old baby things xx

Most things I have are second hand. I'll be getting a new mattress for Moses basket and cotbed which my parents are buying. Also new sheets and blankets. It's lovely how generous people are when you're expecting! I'll probably end up with more than I need.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

other than car seat and mattress i think it depends on how little you have to spend. My OH's mum is obsessed with shopping so everytime i see her she gives me something new. i have picked quite a few things up of ebay and in the charity shop.
If i was using reusable nappies I'd buy them new too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back