What do I do?

Annie050408

Reaction score
I've just been back to the doctors because the antibiotics didn't seem to be easing my chest infection. Well it turns out I don't have a chest infection, I have an airways virus. The problem is that the only medication I can take is a steroid nasal spray which I know is not great to take in pregnancy. Has anyone else had to take this or similar? Is there much of a risk to bubs?

I've not had this problem or any similar I'm afraid x did the doctor tell you the risks etc? x I've got my fingers crossed for you honey x I'd hope they wouldn't give you anything that would pose a huge risk to bubs x

I imagine the doctor would have weighed up the advantages of you being well against any possible side effects, it's worth speaking to the doctor at greater length if you're worried though. I hope you feel better soon!!

as others have said chat to your dr or even give your m/w a quick call for reassurance

My mom has some nasal spray which she was given for blockages in her nose and airways. Not sure if it will do anything to help you but she got me some to help clear my air as I can't stand smells. It has not smell and is really good at clearing your airway. It also states that pregnant woman can use it.

I am trying to get the name of it from her. It was good stuff and perhaps worth a try. Will get back to you.
x

My mom is on holiday and she can't remember exactly what it was. She got it from Kitsons Pharmacy‎ in Worcester. Here is the number 01905 22861. They should know what it is and where you can get it from.
We know that the brand was Nelson (had it written in large letters on the front).
It is a nasal spray which was given to her to clear the airways .
It didn't smell of anything when you used it.
It may be also be used by people with Rhionitis (when they get sensitive noses). It did say fine for pregnant women to use it.
If you have any issues and need me to call let me know and I will do what I can. Good luck.

‎

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back