hayfever ?

Fly

Reaction score
Is anyone else out there suffering? :(

I gave in yesterday and phoned the triage nurse who prescriped me Beconase (steroid) nasal spray and some hydrocoritsone cream for my face which went uber blotchy cos of the pollen...

Usually i'd be on the cheapo antihists from asda but we can't take them when pregnant :(

Doin my swede in it is. Am an outdoors girl - i love it - i hate staying in when the weather is gorgeous but right now, unless i get down to the coast, being outside is near on torturous. Lets hope me new steroid sniffing habit does the job soon :roll:

Big hugs to anyone else suffering at the moment :hug: xxxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: I've got bad hayfever too :( I usually take a antihistamine (sp) every day anyway but can't do that when pregnant so it's been a nightmare!

My GP prescribed me nasal spray and eye drops and they've really helped.

Hope your medication kicks in soon X

I went to the pharmacist and he said you can have Piriton - but the one that can make you drowsy. It's about £3.15 from boots for 30 tablets and you're supposed to take one every 4-6 hours as you need.

Apparently the doctors won't prescribe them - i know that research on them and their affects in pregnancy is a bit hazy but the pharmacist said that we could take them and that many women did.

You can't drive or operate heavy machinery whilst taking them - well they don't recommend it because of the possible drowsiness.

My hayfever was keeping me awake so i've just been taking one tab at night time before bed and it's helped me :)

You can also get something called 'HayMax' boots have little pots in at the moment (which come free if you buy any hayfever tabs) and you rub it round your nose (looks a bit like lip balm, lol) and it's supposed to stop the pollen irritating your nose... i use it and its quite good!

Hey lassies!

I suffer with hayfever on and off, and i had it particually bad one day at work.

A guy here suggested this http://www.superliving.co.uk/pharmacy/y ... ets-2.html

I took it and it helped immediatly AND the best bit is that it is NATURAL no norty chemicals in it...

Also try this: http://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acatalog/5291.html its like lip balm but u put it under eyes mouth etc and the pollen is attracted there...

If you have sore skin, dabbing with a cold flannel also helps and oily creams and baths, limit bathing to once a day, as the water can irritate it too...

x :hug:

Ive had to take Piriton a few times as i suffer with Hayfever really badly, the pharmacist said it was ok to take it but like BabyBee said it makes you drowsy so i end up needing a nap after a few hours as it kinda knocks you out abit lol x

Thanks for the tips girls :) will look out for those homeopathic things defo and the balm sounds interesting... i can't take piriton cos hate feelin drowsy like that and as it hits me most when i am driving about its not really an option xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back