Chest Infection... what can I take? :(

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Morning Girls,

Since Thursday I've had bad cold symptoms and a chest cough - sorry if TMI but I'm coughing up quite a bit of green stuff :sick:
Went to my docs and he said that I had a bit of an infection but he couldn't advise anything other than paracetomal - it would probaby clear itself up.
I've stayed in all weekend, it's now Monday and I still feel like crap - I've got no energy left :(
Anyone else had similar and know what I can take? x

Oh well, paracetomal it is then. Hope I haven't done anything to upset anyone :(

If u have chest infection there r some antibiotics u can take. U should c doc again as infections aren't good for baby.

Thanks for replying Butterflykisses, I think I'm going to have to call them again in the morning. Unfortunatly the last doc I saw made me feel like I was wasting his time with 'just a cold' but I am worried about what it might do to baby. I'll try and see someone else I think x

There are meds you can take, but for self-prescription it's paracetemol only.

I've got pneumonia atm and am on anti-biotics. While in hospital I had codeine (which rocks btw lol)

If you visit your gp they can prescribe stronger painkillers and some antibiotics that won't harm baby too.

Hope you feel better soon. xxxxx

Thanks for replying Butterflykisses, I think I'm going to have to call them again in the morning. Unfortunatly the last doc I saw made me feel like I was wasting his time with 'just a cold' but I am worried about what it might do to baby. I'll try and see someone else I think x

Meant to say in my last post that I have no time for GPs at all, if you do get worried about baby give your hospital a call and they can prescribe you medication too, and will check and make sure baby is ok.

If your temp goes up is a time when you should call them as it can put you at risk of pre-term labour etc. Not wanting to scare you lol Just to make sure that you take care of you and LO xxxx

I've been in hospital twice with this LO, first time for kidney infection and this time pneumonia. GP didn't give a toss about kidney infection even though if I'd left it I could've lost my baby :shock: 2nd time I jsut went straight to hospital, both times they have been fab and really take care of you and LO xxxx

Thank you Maria, sorry to hear you're so sick. I've been hospitalised with pneumonia in the past and I know how quickly it can come on so that's really what I'm worried about - I know how horrid it is and it's really not good news especially when you're expecting :(
I think I will call my midwife in the morning, might get a bit more joy out of her.

Hope you feel better soon too hun xxx

sorry tp hear you are unwell. I know how you are feeling... I have taken a really bad allergic reaction to cat hair (yes, cat hair! I was away visiting OH's relatives and they're house cat basically takes over the entire house!!!). Face all swoll up, and now I've come down with a sinus/chest infection coz of it. Am already on anti-biotics (amoxicillin) for UTI. So am hoping they will help this sinus/chest infection too.
There are defo able to give you certain anti-biotics, so if it doesnt improve, go back to docs. xx

sorry tp hear you are unwell. I know how you are feeling... I have taken a really bad allergic reaction to cat hair (yes, cat hair! I was away visiting OH's relatives and they're house cat basically takes over the entire house!!!). Face all swoll up, and now I've come down with a sinus/chest infection coz of it. Am already on anti-biotics (amoxicillin) for UTI. So am hoping they will help this sinus/chest infection too.
There are defo able to give you certain anti-biotics, so if it doesnt improve, go back to docs. xx

Goodness you poor thing, you're going through it as well!
Cat hair.. eughh! Blimmin' stuff gets right up my nose too! :fib:
Fingers crossed the antibiotics nail the chest infection too, I've been drinking gallons of honey and lemon to stop myself coughing but being ill
and pregnant has knocked the stuffing out of me. Just want to sleeeeep! :nap:
Hope you feel better soon hun and stay away from pesky pussies! :shock:

I know, it's a real bugger!!! We went away for a relaxing break, and came back sick!! (oh also has asthma & cat allergy!!lol). Annoying thing is, we did say to the people we were visiting and we were just ignored grrrrr. I think some people dont believe how bad it can be!!
Honey & lemon is good for colds etc, hopefully it will help! Yes, combined with pregnancy, being ill is 100 times worse than usual!!! I hope we are both on the mend soon!! I'm due to go back to work tomorrow after a weeks leave and really don't know how I am going to manage it!!
Get well soon hun xx

You can use Vicks menthol rub, slather it on your chest it'll help get the yuck moving xx

Put two tablespoons of lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of honey in a mug, fill with hot water and drink xx I get tonsillitis a lot and it sooths my throat, and helps clear my chest xx

I had a bad cold in tri 2 as well, this really helped me xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can use Vicks menthol rub, slather it on your chest it'll help get the yuck moving xx

Put two tablespoons of lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of honey in a mug, fill with hot water and drink xx I get tonsillitis a lot and it sooths my throat, and helps clear my chest xx

I had a bad cold in tri 2 as well, this really helped me xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shame we can't add a wee tot of something stronger to the good old honey and lemon... now THAT would probably help!!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back