what do heartburn and indigestion feel like?

kerryp

Reaction score
Hi,
Today at work i had a horrible feeling (which is starting to come back) just under my bust... like an ache that wont go away and is uncomfortable. One of the nurses i work with suggested i tried some gaviscon ( i trust her & she generally knows what i can & cant have while pregnant) & it did ease it off but never truely took it fully away.

If it eased it does it mean this is what heartburn or indigestion feels like as i have no idea!?!

Oh & im past 24 weeks now!!! Hurrah!! :dance: :cheer: :dance:

congratulations on the 24 week milestone! :cheer:
Sounds like indigestion. Sometimes it can make you feel like you can't stand up. Hope this helps :hug:

i thought you got these after eating though? i hadnt eaten since the night before (no nagging please) as got up late for work & always get my break early... can it happen 8hrs after eating if youve slept afterwards?

I find heartburn feels like a burning sensation in my throat...

I like tumns as their quite yummy :)

congrats on 24 wks

x

Could it be everything squishing up and putting pressure on you ribs/ organs. I got the same thing around 24 week- it was horrible.

Alex xxx

Congrats on 24 weeks :cheer:

It does sound like heartburn, mine doesn't seem to relate to when I've eaten, I get it regardless. I like the Rennie soft and chewy tablets. I also read somewhere on the forum that Refreshers work for some people.

Luckily I haven't had it for a couple of days *fingers crossed I haven't just jinxed that* so hopefully it won't be here to stay for you too.

Could be indigestion or heartburn. My heartburn was always in my throat before, and thought it would be lower down but it can be anywhere.

I used to have the soft Rennies but now it's got worse I find the crunchy tablets work better and they taste fine too! x

god knows i think i have had it a few time tbh.
never had it before though so im unsure what it is.
sorry i cant be any help

When I have heartburn I have a "burning" feeling in my chest and up to my throat!
I find indigestion more of a pain where my stomach is like I have eat a rock lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back