Amazing heartburn remedy!

KirstyD

Reaction score
I used to get heartburn on and off before i was preggers and now its all the time! Horrible and i know many of you suffer aswell.

I used to take Zantac which is a pill you just swallow but pharmacist said not to, but Gaviscon range is fine. Well if you are like me and HATE the chalky remedies they have, and those chewy tablets 'supposedly' mint flavour that are sooo gross and they like stick to your teeth, :puke: I'd rather have heartburn than take those!

Well i was asking the docs about it at my 25 week check, she said peppermint was supposed to help, havent really tried this.

BUT she also said try REFRESHERS. You know the little fizzy sweets. Well i bought a pack yesterday ate the lot waited a little while and hey presto heartburn had gone!! :dance:

Probably a bit of a naughty remedy to use too much but i'm defo stocking up on them!!!

Gate crashing .Im gonna give that a try. Im in absolute agony with it now and am drinking gaviscon straight from the bottle it gives relief for all of 30 seconds

chickadee1976 said:
Gate crashing .Im gonna give that a try. Im in absolute agony with it now and am drinking gaviscon straight from the bottle it gives relief for all of 30 seconds

Oh i really hope it does! It's such a horrible feeling. To be fair i wouldn't say my heartburn is at the agony stage yet but is lvery uncomfortable and sticks around for hours at a time. If it helps you too that's great, PLUS they taste good, mmmmm! Let me know if it works, it just doesn't seem quite right that a pack of sweets can help but certainly worked for me yesterday!! I'm intrigued by it to see how successful it is for others, especially someone like you who is suffering bad!

Oooh this sounds like a good remedy. I have suffered a bit with heartburn but not much yet. I did suffer badly in my last pregnancies so this is handy to know, Thanks !

wow thanks for that!

i HATE gaviscon and have been suffering for the past 6 weeks with terrible heartburn (my family are convinced he has loads of hair) I'm just leaving now to go buy some refreshers!

Ive been getting it quite bad so will def give them a go, anything has to be worth a try eh!

It almost worth having heartburn just to have an excuse to eat a tube of Refreshers :lol:

Will def be trying it, I love refreshers (and hate heartburn)!

Oooo just to clarify as i've just been in Tescos and there is another tube of sweets called refreshers also.

The ones you want are the fruity fizzy refresher tablets, a bit like love heart type thing without the writing on, NOT the chewy refresher sweets with sherbet in the middle!

i.e. These.....

refreshers-2.jpg

Ooooh I love refreshers too - gonna have to give these a try thanks :cheer:

Well i went on a search for em last night had poor OH in every shop i knew existed locally and was told by the manager of ASDA that they dont sell em up here anymore

Yeah i've only had one pack as came across them in a petrol station i was passing, not found them in my local tescos so i am still on the hunt for more, although if you do a search on google there are loads of online shops selling them and lovely other sweeties but i'm trying to avoid as will probably get carried away!!!

mmm.... refreshers... they got me through my GCSE exams all those years ago. I went through a packet a xmas (them and citris polo's and love hearts :rotfl: ).

I will def keep my eye out for them! Thanks for the tip :D

I dont have the dreaded heartburn yet, but had it terrible when I was in the final weeks of pregnancy with Zachary.

I dont mind Gaviscon...but I LURVE refreshers, what a GREAT excuse to eat them, for medicinal purposes only :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back