What are you looking forwards to the most when thinking about becoming a mother?

Lewa

Reaction score
Apart from having a super cute baby of course :p

I'm looking forwards to having an excuse to spend time on making really awesome birthday cakes.
I'm looking forwards to making them clothes, and especially pretty dresses if I get a girl, but also to make crazy and cute costumes for halloween, themed birthday parties etc.
I'm looking forwards to seeing the world through childrens eyes- I still find many things to be weird and facinating, more than most grown ups I think, but even I am losing some of the excitement over the little things that kids will find amazing and unbelievable. I'm hoping they will help me to "rediscover" the world. Especially nature I think..
I'm looking forwards to creating a magic Christmas for my kids, and hope they will experience it as magical as I remember that I did.
I'm looking forwards to have an excuse to go to the cinema to watch childrens movies :p
I'm looking forwards to doing crafty stuff with them, like making christmas and easter decoration, making rolls and stuff in shapes with raisins as eyes and not just round balls etc etc.

I'm looking forwards to many more things, (many things are more hopes.. as in looking forwards to them coming home being proud they got a good grade, or watch them in a school play, or performance or sport or something, see them running around with friends, etc, but those things won't necessarily happen.. the things I mentioned are more things having kids lets me do :p)

What are you looking forwards to??? :D

Last edited:
Um.....

Giving up work! Getting to stay at home and nest a bit.

Your list is so lovely, but the reality for me is that I just long to be a mummy and take care of my little one

Im looking forward to have a family, to see the look in DHs eyes as he sees our newborn for the first time. I know I will just be the happiest person ever when that day arrives.

You are all going to make fantastic mummies xxx

As you know I have a son already, he came along and changed my world forever, it is a truly wonderful experience and gives you direction, the first time you see their face and realise that they got all the best bits of both of you is such a proud moment, I'm so looking forward to having his little brother/sister and learning to do things all over again, this time with more knowledge lol xx and I will I fact sleep when baby has a nap ;)

Im looking forward to everything :).. Even the sickness! But the one thing im really looking forward to is having a healthy baby in the end.. And also going out to buy baby stuff.. I never got to do that with my last pregnancy because we were told our boy wouldnt make it x

ive been on this ttc section tooooo long cos ive answered this question far too many times!!

i long to have a baby and everything that goes with that - the closeness- im not close to my mum and i really want to make sure i will be there for my child and listen to them cos i havent got that with my mum!!

ive been on this ttc section tooooo long cos ive answered this question far too many times!!

i long to have a baby and everything that goes with that - the closeness- im not close to my mum and i really want to make sure i will be there for my child and listen to them cos i havent got that with my mum!!

Xx

I think i'll enjoy the opportunity to give someone the experiences that i wish that i had for myself.

We never had much money and don't get me wrong i had a good upbringing, but you know - just the little things where you wish your parents pushed you more, let you have more freedom, gave you less freedom, spent more time with you and things like that.

If my child says that they like something then i'll be able to allow them to do it and if they have a talent for it, encourage them to pursue it :)

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to so much but 1st and foremost having my pregnancy go full term and ending with a healthy baby. xx

I'm looking forward to having a baby who wants me for cuddles, I've held sooooo many babies who eventually get bored with me, lol I can't wait to have one who always wants to come back to me and OH :)

Can't wait to see OH become a Daddy, he's so good with LOs :)

If my child says that they like something then i'll be able to allow them to do it and if they have a talent for it, encourage them to pursue it :)

that reminds me.. I want to pass on all the great things my parents did for me and all the things I am grateful for with my upbringing!

They always encouraged me to pursue my dreams and interests, no matter how silly they might be. I especially remember when me and a group of friends wanted to make a circus (for real, charging money and traveling around and everything). I remember telling my mum about it and she let me continue and let me try, eventually the idea died out, as we were just kids :p but I always believed my mother believed I could do it. When I was older I thought about that and figured that she probably never thought we'd actually succeed with it, she might have even thought it was silly (I've asked her about it and she doesn't even remember it :p Probably one of many crazy things that I would bable about as a kid) but she never told me that I shouldn't hope for that, or not waste my time on it or anything. I think my parents have been really excellent at giving me the freedom to find my own path when it comes to dreamsand wishes and interests, and I want it to be the same for my children!

Ooh yes, tell them all the fairy stories my Dad made up for me. Take them into the woods looking for elves and pixies and fairies and brownies.

Being a lil family with OH, cant wait to see him being at daddy (he is gonna be great! :))
Family outings!! going places you cant go as an adult.

CUDDLEs

ooo i cant wait, hope we all get our BFP's soon. xxx

DawnH + Heartbroken

So many people say "Ill be happy so long as its healthy", But would you really love your baby less if they were sick, or had a disability? They are still your baby, they are little parts of you, that need your love and care unconditionally, if you cant give unconditional love to a baby, should you really be having one?

I don't actually recall anyone saying they wouldn't/couldn't give their unconditional love to their baby if they found it was poorly or unhealthy and I'm sure that everyone on here would love the chance for a pregnancy that results in a healthy baby it doesn't mean they would love their baby any less,

i also can't wait for the first time OH sees LO

xx

DawnH + Heartbroken

So many people say "Ill be happy so long as its healthy", But would you really love your baby less if they were sick, or had a disability? They are still your baby, they are little parts of you, that need your love and care unconditionally, if you cant give unconditional love to a baby, should you really be having one?

This is in my opinion so highly insensitive

DawnH + Heartbroken

This is in my opinion so highly insensitive

i have to agree...

I think it's more that when people think of their future child the one thing they wish for that child to have for their own (as in the child's) benefit is health

No-one's ever said they wouldn't love a child who wasn't healthy, but who wouldn't want their child to start life with health in their favour?

And in terms of what I look forwards to?

I can't even visualise us having a child any more. That sounds terrible, but I just can't. I KNOW we will, but I've lost the images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back