What a week! 16 Week appt...

Pudds86

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Been having my first week of pregnancy related problems since the morning sickness started!

Thursday morning I had my 16 week midwife appointment. All my results were brilliant and then the midwife wanted to have a feel of my belly. She turned on the doppler and after 30 minutes and me jumping around to get baby moving she could not find a heart beat...

:shock: Midwife said she heard baby kick and that she was certain everything was okay although she wanted to keep us calm so tried calling the DAU but they wouldnt see me as I wasnt 17 weeks!! She then tried calling the EPAU and NO ONE WOULD ANSWER THE PHONE!!!!! Grr. Midwife said she would meet us on Saturday morning at the hospital so she could scan me- so I left feeling quite confident. By the time I got to work though I was in a right state- Eventually I decided I would call the midwife back and see if she would do anything in the meantime.

I got a call at 3pm saying if I could get up there for 4 they would scan me! After another 45 min wait at the hospital the doctor came to scan me and the little bugger was in there as happy as could be. Baby had turned on its tummy which is why they think the midwife could not hear the HB. :dance: It was headbutting my placenta as they were scanning.

I got to see my baby again- but I dont think it was worth the worry!!!

Now though I am suffering from VERY swollen feet and I have lost the feeling in my big toe! :eh: I went to the walk in clinic because I was worried it was a sign of gestational diabetes which I will be tested for in August. The doc said the swelling was normal esp in this heat but if the numbness gets worse to go back. Apparantly nerve damage is very common in pregnancy and the feeling should come back on its own....:clock:

Anyway me and baby are fine... my feet not so much.

xxx

Last edited:
Oh poor you, what a worry! I had tremendous swelling from about 18 weeks in my last pregnancy, it travelled up my legs and so in the end they were resembling an elephant's legs. It was painful and hard, I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Try and keep your feet up and make sure you keep your fluids up, especially water. Otherwise Im afraid to say there'snot much you can do to stop it. Hope they go down when the weather cools off :hug:

Wow, certainly sounds eventfull! Glad everything is ok with the baby though Hun.

What a worry over nothing! Glad everything is ok tho xxx

bless you what a worry for you glad everything was ok xx

Tell me about it! Couldnt have waited until sat to make sure everything was okay- thats the same as waiting two months when you're that emotional! lol x

So glad everything was alright x my midwife won't even attempt to find heartbeat until about 30 weeks! Blah x x

My midwife likes to monitor it everytime- she felt comfortable everything was alright with baby as she said she heard a kick and baby move but it was to calm me!xx

So glad all is well this is my fear for todays appointment but readung ur post has reassured me a liitle. Glad everything is ok hun made me smile when u said baby was fine and head butting the placenta!

So glad all was well, good job you got a scan when you did!
I know the feeling about your feet, I have terrible feet for swelling and rubbing anyway and pregnancy is not helping one bit!
My stepmum suggested I wear size 5 shoes in the morning and take some size 6 ones in for later on in the day, so you could try that? :)

Im glad everythings ok I know how you felt, when I went 2 my dr for my 16 wk appointment he didint find the heartbeat but only tried for about 10 mins and said not to worry just come back in a wk and I will try again but next tim if we dont hear it I will send you up to the hospital for a scan. My OH and I were worried sick the whole wk but thankfully once I went back we heard the heartbeat but I wasn't happy with my dr making us wait the full week cause im sure the worrying didn't do baby or me any good. xxx

Im glad everythings ok I know how you felt, when I went 2 my dr for my 16 wk appointment he didint find the heartbeat but only tried for about 10 mins and said not to worry just come back in a wk and I will try again but next tim if we dont hear it I will send you up to the hospital for a scan. My OH and I were worried sick the whole wk but thankfully once I went back we heard the heartbeat but I wasn't happy with my dr making us wait the full week cause im sure the worrying didn't do baby or me any good. xxx

I dont know how you waited!! I was a wreck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back