Went to see the docs today but no Midwife until 10 week, normal?

Doob

Reaction score
Hi, went to my gp today and put my pregnancy on the record. He weighed me, blood pressure etc. all fine. Then I was put on the midwife's list and told that she would contact me when I was about 10 weeks and then she would organise scan dates etc. is this normal? I'm not so bothered except that I hope it doesn't mean I'll then be waiting ages for a scan.

Hi, went to my gp today and put my pregnancy on the record. He weighed me, blood pressure etc. all fine. Then I was put on the midwife's list and told that she would contact me when I was about 10 weeks and then she would organise scan dates etc. is this normal? I'm not so bothered except that I hope it doesn't mean I'll then be waiting ages for a scan.

Hey, It depends on your doctors normally, I saw my MW for the first time on Friday and I was 10+1 that day. My MW told me they normally do first scan between 12 and 14 weeks, so I'm just waiting on a letter now.

ive got my first mw appointment for 10 weeks aswell! but when i went to the dr to register the pregnancy my doc didnt weight me or anything all i did was sign a form haha

i think it varies depending on where you live. Ive already had my booking in appt. this time round in Preston and it was quite early when I was expecting my 2nd as well. in Cyprus. However, with my first baby in Manchester, you went for your 12 week scan and then went round to the clinic for your first booking in appointment so was a bit later. I get around a bit lol xxx

Sounds fairly normal to me - I saw the midwife at 10weeks+1day, and have a scan arranged for 12weeks+1day.

I have heard that in general it's rare to see a midwife before 8 weeks.

xx

Last edited:
Sounds about right. It does vary slightly from area to area.
xx

That sounds normal to me hun. They'll make sure you're scanned in plenty time as, if you opt to have the neuchal fold test, it has to be done before baby gets too big or you have to wait til later on. Sure they'll see hundreds of ladies in your shoes so it'll all be fine :) xx

That's brill to know thanks everyone. Have been more on edge ever since mother in law yesterday. What would I do without you all??! :) xxx

I was 12+1 when i hAD my first appointment x

I went to gp today and he didn't weigh me or anything and I didn't sign a thing. Just waiting for a midwife to call me

Last edited:
Got my first MW appointment and scan on Friday - I'll be 11+3. So yes, normal here too :)

My mw appt wasn't til 17 weeks lol :) xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I think every GP is different and it depends on wheter you are seeing a community midwife or if your appointment is at the maternity hospital but yes as a rule you'll have your booking in appointment between 8-10 weeks and 12 week scan between 11-14 weeks...

Some catchment areas give you your booking in appointment and scan ont he same day?

xxxxxxxx

I saw mine at exactly 10 weeks then got my scan date through on 12+4 and have my scan today (13+2)!
It'll all happen in the right times, don't worry, just look forward to it all :)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back