Well is wasnt morning sickness..

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
..It was a big fat UTI again! I started having tightenings again today and alarm bells rang, especially since Ive been getting a very bad lower back over the last few days. I went to my local A&E as my surgery was closed this afternoon and they tested my urine - it came back as clear as a bell. Luckily the nurse talked me into going to the other local hospital where the on call doc was - the sample I gave her screamed infection.

How weird that the other one didnt! Luckily though now I have anti-biotics, just hope the tightenings ease off completely, they are about every ten minutes right now. So it wasnt morning sickness after all, I could have had this since before Wednesday when the sickness started! :roll:

Im a bit concerned now Mamafy, this is the second time this pregnancy and it seems there is nothing I can do to prevent it. My SIL who is a midwife for high risk women told me that the ducts don't empty completely in some pregnant women making them prone to infection. Im guessing Ive got a heap of those ducts :( I am praying that I dont get any more especially later on as my uterus just might not stop tightening :( Fingers crossed! I dont think I can physically drink anymore! Perhaps I'll start on the cranberry too.

I had two water infections while carrying Evie, the second was quite late on in the pregnancy and I thought I was getting BH's until the back ache at night started. I was told they are very common and people can get them in pregnancy even when they don't normally suffer from them. As long as they are treated it's ok. Hope you feel better soon :hug:xx

Oh BTW cranberry is great too if you like it :)

i swear by cranberry juice for prevention i have a cartoon a week now great for keeping things clear x hope you feel better soon xxxx

Oh this sounds nasty RM, so glad you went to the other hospital too! Hope those tightenings calm down soon!!

how awful RM, I think I was trying to brew one last week.... they really suck :hug:

I hope you feel better soon, hopefully the antibiotics will knock it on the head...it's a good job you know the signs, fingers crossed you don't get any more though x

i hope you feel better soon i really dislike cranberry juice but what you have sounds worse !!

Last edited:
Good job you recognised the signs! So sorry you got it againt though...I'm dreading having it this time and hope i dont get it, i swear its what brought on early labour with my 2nd son, he was born 4 weeks early.

awe, hope you're feeling better soon xx

Hope you feel better soon RM - Do you like those dried cranberrys you can get wonder if they would help in the same way as juice? I have been melting a few cubes of dark chocolate and then stiring in the cranberrys and then putting onto a foil covered tray in fridge till set then tipping into a pot to have along with other healthier snacks, nuts, raisens, dried tropical fruit etc - Yum.

Hope you feel better soon RM - Do you like those dried cranberrys you can get wonder if they would help in the same way as juice? I have been melting a few cubes of dark chocolate and then stiring in the cranberrys and then putting onto a foil covered tray in fridge till set then tipping into a pot to have along with other healthier snacks, nuts, raisens, dried tropical fruit etc - Yum.

That sounds like a really nice idea! I tend to find dried fruit too sweet but I guess with some dark chocolate it might balance it out a bit. :)

Oh no! What a palava! Keep drinking and you are doing what you can to prevent it. Its lucky you had a nurse that knew what she was talking about to send you to other hosp!! Feel better soon hun xxx

O i've had that and it's awful, hope all is better soon x

I feel a bit more crappy today, more tired than usual and getting whacked after doing simple things like vacuuming the stairs - my mum has been here making over my veggie patch so I made some lemonade scones and we had a cream tea so that perked me up for 5 mins! Rosie has just gone off for a nap so I might lay on the settee :)

awww hun :( so glad its sorted, I hope you start to feel better soon. :hug:

Wierd that one sampe showed nothing. I dont understand all this! Makes me wonder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back