Weird palpitations

Tigger87

Reaction score
Today something very odd happened! I was say down talking, when it pretty much felt like my heart was t beating for about 5-10 seconds, got very light headed, losing sight and sound as if I was going to faint, then a very strong "thud" and feeling very hot all over.

As a one off mw doesn't think I should be concerned, but to keep an eye. I'm seeing the cardiologist again in 4 weeks so will explain it to him them, it was just so odd.

Anyone else experienced this???

I've not experienced anything quite like that but I have been getting out of breath when I'm at rest which is pretty scary, my heart beats really hard and fast when that happens. It goes eventually it just doesn't feel nice. Another side effect of pregnancy I guess. When you read up about increased blood volume etc it isn't surprising that our hearts are going a bit crazy. I would just keep an eye on it hun like the mw said xxx

I haven't had that but I do get times when I feel my heart is beating 10 times faster than it normally does which makes me feel odd. Roxyroo is right tho, if it think of the extra work our hearts are doing its bound to let us know about it at some point :) hope you're ok and not too worried, I'm sure all is fine xx

I'm not too bothered by it, it's just something "new". I have resting heart rate of about 90bpm recently, any exercise it goes up to about 130, and when I get proper palpitations it shoots up to about 170. The fast sensation is normal, it's the "not beating" sensation that I can't get used to haha!!!

Yes just keep an eye on it , im only 15 weeks and get out if breath walking with my son to the allotment!! And i thought i was still quite fit, i remember it happening every time tho.

Maybee your consultanr can throw some more light on it

Hi Tigger,

I have been written off work due to my heart prob and bp. I have now got my bp under control but my resting heart rate is 130 (making good competition with wee man!) and I regularly get that feeling like it either stops or I have been sprinting! My cardio told me that it is ok, our bodies can cope with it during the pregnancy but they are keeping a close eye on it.

Take care of yourself!! XXX

I have been getting palpatations occasionally since falling pregnant, I was told this could be due to stress of just because I am anaemic and obviously the heart is having to wrok harder at mo as more blood pumping round body. I was told it was nothing to worry about.

I didn't get really dizzy or lose sight though, if that happens again I would go and see your GP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back