Heart Palpitations

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I regularly get faint palpitations around the time of my period, my Dad used to say that his mother got them too and that they were harmless. I've had my heart checked a couple of times.

BUT the other night I was really tired and I was actually woken up by really strong palpitations, that were frightening in their intensity and kept coming back, on and off, for about a half an hour. I also get very breathless at things like going up the stairs and see dark spots before my eyes at other times.

I didn't go back to work today because the doc said I shouldn't till the swelling calms down in my hands and feet. I feel like I'm not really sick; when I get up my ankles are nearly normal but after about an hour they are all swollen again and my hands are constantly puffy.

So I am going back to the doc. But just wondered if anyone else is feeling this way. I honestly don't think I would be able for 31 under sixes, no matter how my blood pressure was!

Sue

Well, I have just been given the doctor's blessing to stay at home for the next three weeks - ie until the Christmas holidays and then I start my maternity leave straight after.

So I'm officially on mat. leave now!

In a way I'm glad because the kids were starting to make me very tired. The doc says that the palpitations, spots in front of my eyes etc and breathlessness are due to a lot of fluid retention (my face is puffy now) and anaemia and I need to chill, she thinks I shouldn't go back.

On the other hand I feel guilty because I miss the lil ones and their little habits - like I wonder if amy is still leaving the bathroom door wide open and how mary is getting on with her English and if Paula is still fixated on her lunchtime and asking when it is every three minutes... AND I feel that I've left everyone in the lurch.

But baby comes first, and I come straight after. SO I won't feel bad and try to feel lucky instead!

Sue

Awww don't worry too much about the little ones - your's will be on their way soon enough :D

Welcome to early Mat leave with me!! :lol:

{{{Hugs}}} to you. U sound just like me at the moment - breathless, spots in front of your eyes, racing heart, anaemia, puffy etc etc I'm glad that I am not the only one feeling like crap (though wish we were both feeling better!). I've just woke up from a nap on the sofa and am contemplating a nap on the bed now.

Baby dust to you, now try not to do too much at home!

This baby will have the biggest knitwear wardrobe ever!!! :shock:

Rosie, I feel your pain. I may sound silly as this is my first sick cert in 13 years of teaching (won't be able to say that again) and I am feeling guilty because I'm entitled to paid leave! :shock: It's silly I know but I feel like a leech...

I dunno. After a short drive across town to leave in my blood sample to the lab and pick up a sandwich, I'm weak and tired. Wish I didn't have a conscience! :lol:

Hang in there...you are five weeks ahead of me hun...you will be fine, I'm sure...*HUG* for you too!
Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back