Weight gain - help!

mishmish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 27 weeks pregnant, I started the pregnancy at 10 stone and 8 pounds and have already gained so much weight I am starting to worry... I am already 12 stone and 6.5 pounds and still 3 months to go. Thing is, I really haven't been stuffing my face so I am not sure why I have put on so much weight... I don't really look like I have gained weight anywhere but my belly (which is very big) but I am worried this is not normal.

Any thoughts or advice are welcome!

Have a great day,

Mishmish

Hey! I think you're meant to average at 2 stone, just don't weigh yourself anymore. It will only get you down. The midwife won't weigh you for the rest of your pregnancy, so just weigh yourself after you've had the baby and see then what you are. That's my plan haha! Just eat healthily and you'll be fine. X

I agree with flexi. I've never weighed myself when pregnant cos I know I'll be heavy but you can't avoid it with all that fluid and baby etc.

I have gained quite bit of a weight aswell Hun I wouldn't worry to much about it it doesn't mean that its fat it a lot of it could be the baby,placenta and water the best thing to do is wait until after youhave ha the baby ad the access your weight gain :)

me and the scales are enemys now hun lol. i dont go near them any more xx

Oh and your body retains water when pregnant. I'm only hoping this water disappears. Lol. X

I was 12 and a half stone before I got pregnant and weighed myself about two months ago in my Mum's and was 15 stone!! :lol::shock: Not been on since because I think I will feint, I fully intend to loose all the weight plus about a stone by the Summer, it'll give me a little project while I am on mat leave :)

Don't worry though, like the girls have said it's fluid, baby, placenta etc etc not all your own chubs :)

This is why that weight is usually made up with:

Baby: 7.5 pounds

Placenta: 1.5 pounds

Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds

Uterine enlargement: 2 pounds

Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds

Maternal blood volume: 4 pounds

Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds

Maternal fat stores: 7 pounds

so you pretty much loose a stone t birh!! Woop woop!

Looking at that it's no wonder i "waddle" lol

I was 12 and a half stone before I got pregnant and weighed myself about two months ago in my Mum's and was 15 stone!! :lol::shock: Not been on since because I think I will feint, I fully intend to loose all the weight plus about a stone by the Summer, it'll give me a little project while I am on mat leave :)

Don't worry though, like the girls have said it's fluid, baby, placenta etc etc not all your own chubs :)

Your about the same as me Hun and looking at your bump pictures our bumps are the same too :)

According to my stats I have gained a total of 27lbs :( I'm due in 2.5 weeks. My Dr and midwife have both said to me it is a lot to gain and have tested me for diabetes (which thankfully was negative) But I have to admit during my pregnancy I have been a real fatty. Curry, chocolate, crisps and biscuits! So I'll be taking my lardy ass to weight watchers come spring time! It's not the end of the world. More of me for babs to cuddle up to :) hehe x x x

According to my stats I have gained a total of 27lbs :( I'm due in 2.5 weeks. My Dr and midwife have both said to me it is a lot to gain and have tested me for diabetes (which thankfully was negative) But I have to admit during my pregnancy I have been a real fatty. Curry, chocolate, crisps and biscuits! So I'll be taking my lardy ass to weight watchers come spring time! It's not the end of the world. More of me for babs to cuddle up to :) hehe x x x

Oh him that's a load of rubbish. Your not even at 2 stone yet... So it's wrong for them to say that's too much. Plus everyhing boils down to your starting weight I.e were you lower than your normal weight or higher etc. Plus you may just be retaining a bit more weight than normal, or the baby may be a kittle heavier than your average.

I was about 3 lb underweight so I am allowing a 3lb difference.

I was overweight to begin with - 191lbs (13 stone 6lbs) , I'm now 217lbs (15 stone 5lbs).

I was overweight to begin with - 191lbs (13 stone 6lbs) , I'm now 217lbs (15 stone 5lbs).

ok I can understand that thy may be concerned because you were overweight to begin with BUT.... If you look at the above post I made about where weight is, then you appear on track tbh. You could give birh tomorrow and loose half of the weight you have put on. As long as you don't put to much more weight in from now til birth day then you are fine.

Try not to worry about it, looking after a baby, breatsfeeding ( if you are doin it) and general running around will shift any extra weight. Remember it take about 6 weeks for your uterus to shrink down to aroun it's orginal size... So don't be put off if you have a bit of a tum for a bit- this is what I keep reminding myself!!x

ok I can understand that thy may be concerned because you were overweight to begin with BUT.... If you look at the above post I made about where weight is, then you appear on track tbh. You could give birh tomorrow and loose half of the weight you have put on. As long as you don't put to much more weight in from now til birth day then you are fine.

Try not to worry about it, looking after a baby, breatsfeeding ( if you are doin it) and general running around will shift any extra weight. Remember it take about 6 weeks for your uterus to shrink down to aroun it's orginal size... So don't be put off if you have a bit of a tum for a bit- this is what I keep reminding myself!!x

lol thanks hun!
To be perfectly honest I'm not worried about it. Firstly, my Dr has always gone on at me about my weight (what gets me is he is a plump fatso himself!!! lol) Secondly, I have eaten what I have wanted, when I have wanted and been completely satisfied! Sounds bad, but this is one period in my life where I haven't felt 'guilty' for eating something I enjoy :lol:

xxx

I have eaten what I have wanted, when I have wanted and been completely satisfied! Sounds bad, but this is one period in my life where I haven't felt 'guilty' for eating something I enjoy :lol:

xxx

Your just right! Who cares when your pregnant. We need to enjoy ourselves in some way nevermind being told what we can and cannot eat all the time.

Your about the same as me Hun and looking at your bump pictures our bumps are the same too :)

AHHHH big and beautiful :lol:

Hehe yep my mum keeps laughing at me and saying I'm too short to be pregnant cos I'm only 5.3 and my bump sticks out so far!!! Lol! I love my big bump although I am starting to get uncomfortable now

I noticed you are a couple of weeks behind me, is it your first?! if so, sorry to say but you won't get any more comfy! will be worth it in the end though hey? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back