Weight Gain, what is normal?

tiggerstacy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering what sort of weight gain is normal, I am just over 27 weeks but have already put a stone on, that seems quite a lot to me, not that I look like I have put weight on but how much is too much?

2 ans a half to 3 stone is about average in pregnancy.
some put on more some less. who cares! :cheer:

Hey,

I have put on about 3 stone and i am 35 weeks....hopefully wont put too much more on. But like everyone says differs for everyone!

xx

I've put 3 stone on so far too.. it'll be different for everyone chick x

I put on 4 stone. Was a right greedy pig. Lol.

lost it all by the time Kate was 6 months old though. Incidently, I lost 2 stone giving birth, she was 9lbs and the placenta was huuuuge!

put on 4 stone. Was a right greedy pig. Lol.

lost it all by the time Kate was 6 months old though

There's hope for me yet then - I've put on 4 stone :oops: . My theory goes like this; nearly a stone is baby and placenta. A stone is extra blood, fluid retention and amniotice fluid. A stone is boobs and breastfeeding fat. A stone is pure chocolate :lol: .

Unfortunately for me I have always been extremely fit and sporty, exercising every day, and that hasn't really happened as much throughout my pregnancy. I compete with my horse at national level, and clearly the type of workout that involves training a horse over 4 ft fences and on the gallops is not advised, and my friend (and stable yard manager) wouldn't let me even muck out, which is also good exercise.

I reckon it'll drop off steadily when I get back into my riding again - and how quickly that happens depends on how baby chooses to make her entrance into the world! :shock: (PS I already have the pony for baby :lol:)

I've put on nearly 4 stone :shock: I'm like a teletubby now :roll:

i put loadsa weight on about 3 or 4 st! but 2 st fell off within 2 weeks of giving birth, without trying so dont worry. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back