weight gain!

kellie80

Reaction score
I am so fed up this morning, up until 33 weeks I had only gained 16lb which i'm quite happy with as i was overweight to start with but i've weighed by self this morning and i've gained 5lb in a week so i'm now up to 21lb. Anyone else gained this much in a week without eating anything different?

Well when I got on the scales on saturday, it showed I had gained four pounds (in one week), which was quite upsetting, as I am quite weight conscious (eat healthily and go to the gym etc)

So I decided to weigh on monday to get a second opinion and it turned out I had lost two pounds of it! So it must have been just retained water or something.

This might be the case with you. Don't worry too much, but check it again and if it keeps flying up check with your midwife, as too much weight gain can indicate something (but I can't remember what)

I think I read somewhere that a gain of more than 4lbs in a week was a pssible sign of something. I'd hardly gained anything and then gained 4lbs in a week so I told the nurse at an appt, but she seemed unconcerned. I think I'd mention it to your nurse/midwife person when you next see her anyway. I had a quick look to see if I could find what it was I remembered and I'm afraid I couldn't find anything. Will post back if I remember!

Just read this

Too much?
If you put on a lot of weight, especially in later pregnancy, it may be because you're retaining a lot of fluid - this can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. However, this is only the case if you also have high blood pressure. Having your blood pressure measured is a much more reliable way of monitoring for pre-eclampsia than having your weight checked.

I do not weight myself anymore, I have given up!!! For the last 2 or 3 months, i gained around 4 pounds every week. I put on 2.5 stones so far!!!! So I am not a friend of the scale anymore and feel less depressed if I do not see my weight!!! Results have always been fine so far so stopped all this.

Sarah W have you only gained 4lbs in ur whole pregnancy???? Please tell me how....

No, four pounds in just one week! (But luckily it looks like a bit of water retention and has gone away again, so I'm still on target.)

I've gained a stone overall.

However I do know someone who gained six pounds in her whole pregnancy and she thought it was normal to gain that much ????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

omg!! Well, at least i dont feel like a freak now - i have also gained about a stone (maybe a bit more but i'm too scared of the scales now) he he

Why did you feel like a freak? Did you think you had put on too much weight or not enough?

You have put on just the right amount by the looks of it.

I was given figures of 2-4 pounds in the first trimester, 12 pounds in the second trimester and 10 in the third, and so far I am on target.

freak for putting on too much! But now i see it is just about right so i am much happier!! (nothing to do with all the chocolate i have been craving then...)

i've only gained 8lbs through outmy whole pregnancy. dr says its good and that the baby is big and healthy yay.

futuremum said:
I do not weight myself anymore, I have given up!!! For the last 2 or 3 months, i gained around 4 pounds every week. I put on 2.5 stones so far!!!! So I am not a friend of the scale anymore and feel less depressed if I do not see my weight!!! Results have always been fine so far so stopped all this.

Me too! I wasn't slim to begin with and now weigh more than I have ever done. Even my face is starting to fill out! My feet aren't recognisable, and I feel like a blimp. Haven't been overeating, but haven't been 'healthy' eating. Oh well, DH loves me, I'm having a baby, life isn't too bad, so if I am fat for a few months then nevermind. Will be good after bub is born :)

Thank God for that Rosieroo!!! I have just read the above posts and it makes me laugh when people write they think they are a freak because they gained one stone!!!! So we must be freaks then :wink: Ladies, we do look normal, not like monsters lol check our pictures on the site lol

But nevermind, nothing much we can do about it, we are all different!!! I was not slim either before and i thought I will not gain much but keep putting on weight every week, being good or not!!!! I put most of mine in the belly and some on the legs but that is it really!!!!

I will try to lose the weight after birth if it does not go away but there is no way I am going to go on a diet if my baby is getting bigger, let him put on the weight he needs!!!!

Some of my colleagues put on 4 stones, so we are still a long way

:D

I am really sorry - i didnt mean to offend. I read Sarah w post as she had only put on 4lbs in theentire pg rather than a week so i though i was a freak for putting on a stone...i now know that in actual fact i will put on a whole lot more! I just wasnt sure what the reccommended weight gain was until Sarah w said about what she had been told.

sorry again xxxxxx

I have actually only put about 4lbs on so far..........SO FAR!!!!! lol. i too was not slim before, but im actually enjoying my body changes, i think i look better 6months preg than i do normally!! they way im eating curry and chocolate, its only a matter of time till i put a lot more on, but hey ho! ENJOY YOUR BUMPS GIRLS!!! THEY ARE GORGEOUS! 8)

im going to get weighed later when i go to teh chemist, i will let you know when i get back how much weight i have put on so far

Jessika

Don't worry about it :D :D :D :D and keep eating and enjoy yourself.

I normally have a huge pizza once a week and didn't have one last week so i am having withdrawal symptoms.

I am sure i will pile on loads more weight very soon!

Weight varies so much between people and its not all down to what we eat either so my suggestion is to keep eating and to never panic!!!!!!!!

Now where did i put that dominos menu??????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lol Sarah! think i'm with you on that one!! It's FRC day at work today yum yum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back