Shouldn't Have weighed myself this morning!!

ButterflyBoo_x

Reaction score
Ok so i decided that i will start my January 'Diet' on new years day. (not actually going to do a diet, more along the lines of eating more healthily, more veg, smaller portions, no chocolate etc)
Have budgeted myself a 1-2lb gain per week, which i think is about right?

Anyway, with pregnancy #1 i gained a wopping 3st 12lbs (basically 4st!) Well by gained i mean from my 10 week check up, to my due date so that includes baby!

And weighed myself this morning. and so far i've gained 1st 8lbs (again from 10 week appointment to today (34 weeks)) so hopefully i won't gain another 32lbs by due date!!

I think i'm quite happy tbh, because if i gain the 2lb a week i've budgeted that still leaves me a few lb less than i weighed at full term with J. (i started of 1 1/2 stone heavier this time :whistle:

Have any of you other ladies weighed yourself yet? is my 1st 8lbs gain normal? xx

Last edited:
I'm too scared to weigh myself, lol =D x

I've weighed myself once, a few weeks ago and I'd put on 1st 3lbs at that point!

Nooooo way am I getting on any scales until weight loss is seriously underway! Otherwise it'll be clinical depression for me.

This is where i get confused cos only ever been weighed in kg!

So at start of this pregnancy i weighed 57kg,

About 8 wks ago i weighed myself again n weighed 62kg, then 2 days ago i weighed 64.8kg

Not sure if this is a lot or not as i really dont get kg am better with pounds/ounces lol xx

^it's much better if you don't understand, I wish I didn't!

When I was a few weeks pregnant I was 50 kg - at my first scan they forced me onto the scales and I was already 54. No bloody way was I going to be persuaded to do that sort of thing again!

This is where i get confused cos only ever been weighed in kg!

So at start of this pregnancy i weighed 57kg,

About 8 wks ago i weighed myself again n weighed 62kg, then 2 days ago i weighed 64.8kg

Not sure if this is a lot or not as i really dont get kg am better with pounds/ounces lol xx

57kg = 8st 13lbs
62kg = 9st 10lbs
64.8kg = 10st 2lbs

so thats 1st 3lbs gain. thats really good hun!!

I think mine is only so little because i started off at 13st 3lbs anyway, with a BMI of 34! :|

When I was a few weeks pregnant I was 50 kg - at my first scan they forced me onto the scales and I was already 54. No bloody way was I going to be persuaded to do that sort of thing again!

They forced you onto scales!? :O Thats not very nice! i got used to shocking gaines after my last pregnancy, don't think anything will shock me lol!

I'm curious to how much I have put on but actually don't want to know as I will be depressed as I was a little overweight before :( :( x

They forced you onto scales!? :O Thats not very nice! i got used to shocking gaines after my last pregnancy, don't think anything will shock me lol!
Not really forced me, was just joking - I was just mentally resisting it, but didn't actually say I didn't want to do it :p

I've got terrible water retention. My weight shot up as soon as it happened. No way in earth am I stepping on a scales until bubs is on the outside and my swelling has gone down down. Aside from my belly the rest of me is pretty much the same and I'm in the same clothes. I'm hoping it's not too horrific when I get there. Also relying o the BF diet loooool.

Thats great that your still in all your clothes ninja! :D I've been in maternity jeans since about 8 weeks so no idea if my jeans still fit me! lol and will not be trying them on till my maternity jeans are falling off me!! all my old tops still fit though bar being too short because of bump ....

When i get near my due date i'll be weighing weekly to see how much weight i can loose over night ;) x

I have put on over 3 stone I think - I too weigh in kgs - I was 65kg when I found out I was pregnant (@4 weeks) and am now nearly 85kg - so practically 44lbs which is 3 stone 8lbs - I don't feel like I am massively different though a lot of it seems to be on the bump

I have put on over 3 stone I think - I too weigh in kgs - I was 65kg when I found out I was pregnant (@4 weeks) and am now nearly 85kg - so practically 44lbs which is 3 stone 8lbs - I don't feel like I am massively different though a lot of it seems to be on the bump

You were only small to start off with though! :D I'm sure you'll loose atleast half of that after baby is born.

With J i gained nearly 4stone to full term, and weighed day after i came back from hospital 1 1/2 stone down xx

Last time I weighed myself, I'd put on just under 2 and a half stone!! Dread to think now. Think I'll weigh myself the day I go into labour or am 40 weeks. I've never been weighed by mw (thank god lol) xx

Thank you butterflyboo!!!

Dont look like ive put on that much, not that i mind, my weights never bothered me but you watch it wont shift after this one!!

My mw's dont bother weighing me now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back