weight gain!

well...

so far i have gained 1 stone 10lbs.

considering i put on 6 stone with my daughter and 3 with my son, i think im doing ok :D lol

Hey ladies!!!

If I sounded a bit grumpy, all my apologies!!!! I am very hormonal at the moment and not only I am experiencing the joy of sleeping 4 hours a night but now I also have heartburn, day and night :twisted: Being exhausted going to work, thank God it is half term, I am very irritable and get upset/cross for anything!!!!!

But I am sure you know what I am talking about :wink: or you will soon.... :roll:

I've put on 16lbs so far, was worried at first but lost some from stress I think. Haven't weighed myself since a massive chocolate binge I have had the past 2 weeks though so that would have gone up no doubt. Sod it. I'll lose it after. I wouldn;t worry, you may find that you put a lot on at first but then you stay at that weight for a while which is what happened with me. xxxxxxxx

Well I am nearly in the third trimester and I'm due to weigh in tomorrow but so far it is 1stone2.

My appetite has gone up though and my weight is starting to climb a bit faster. yikes! How about everyone else?

I lost weight after splitting with the ex so at 33 weeks it was 1 stone 2 as well but I have been eating loads now and so am expecting to be about 2 stone by the time babe is born. Hopefully won't be too hard to lose. Will weigh myself next week at the MW.

That's good though Sarah, you've put bugger all on

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've put on about 2 stone and it seems to be all on my tummy which feels rock hard. I don't care at all I'll deal with it in the new year :D

I've put on about 2 stone 6lb. Haven't put on anymore over the past couple of weeks, it seems to have steadied a bit.
My bump is the right size, so I am not huge there, my boobs have gone up 4 cup sizes so there is a couple of lbs there, but apart from that I have gained weight all over.
If after the baby is born I have a couple of stone left to lose then I don't really mind. I am sure that a combination of breast feeding and cutting down will shift some of it, and I am looking forward to taking her out in her pram for walks and swimming when she's a bit bigger. I've got too much else on at the mo to worry about my weight, my body is my baby's home and I don't expect to feel sexy or slim at this time!

I'm starting to come round to your way of thinking Rosie. Its not that I am planning on suddenly eating for three, but I have decided to stop worrying over every little pound and I might start weighing in fortnightly instead.

Its good to look after youself, but I don't want to look back on my pregnancy and be disappointed that I was a bit too worried about my weight and analysing everything too much.

I have a pizza planned for tea tonight, and I am looking forward to it!

:D

I have a pizza planned for tea tonight, and I am looking forward to it!

Me too. I had a yummy beef cobbler last night filled with veg, tonight we are going to veg out together with a film and a pizza from Dominos. I am soooooooo tired!
At first I was really disgusted and ashamed at the amount of weight I have been putting on, but I know that I can't do anything about that now, it's on to stay for the next few weeks! It doesn't help that recently a couple of girls I know have given birth and they've both been tiny right up until they've given birth. But then that's always been their shape. I've always been a very 'hippy' 'thighy' person, so I should've expected some extra padding there! Around the beginning of my first trimester my mum told me my ass was bigger than my belly and if I wasn't careful I'd end up a size 20 by the end of my pregnancy. Today I bought a dressing gown from Matalan for when I go into hospital and have gone for a 20, as my belly stops the sides from meeting properly, there wasn't much room for growth in the 16-18. I just want to be comfortable in what I am wearing.
Maternity clothes don't really help as they are so generously cut they lull you into a false sense of clothes size security, I have no doubt I will still be in maternity clothes for a few weeks after she's born.
I've got plenty of time to starve myself when I am not pregnant, for the next 8-9 weeks I am going to relax, enjoy the foods that I like, then worry about it afterwards.
Pregnancy gives you so much to worry about, it's a shame that we have to worry about our weights aswell - but no more for me!

Wow, girlies you are all so lucky. So far Ive put on a staggering 3 stone 5lbs. And Ive still got 6 wks left!!!!
I know that last time i put on 4 and half stone but was really hoping i didnt this time, think that dream has gone! ha ha ha!!!!!
Im normally 8 stone and now Im 11 stone 5lbs. Think I must be putting on the weight for me and my hubby.

Ive put on just over 2 stone so far!! oh well never mind it will be worth it in the end!

Blimey according to that chart Im 17lbs over weight for the weeks I am pregnant!!!! Opps!!!

I am between 6 and 13lb over weight for the stage I am. Ooops!

Well it's rubbish then because I've put on 2 stone and it says I'm only 2lbs too heavy so that doesn't work out. Ignore it.

Well I am the bottom of the range, so obviously all that swimming is paying off.

I'm really pleased, as I used to be very overweight so it makes a change for me to be doing so well.

I must admit that the calculator doesn't take into account your height, so how does it know if you were under weigh, normal weight or overweight before hand? The amount you are supposed to gain varies between 15 anf 40 pounds depending on what you were like before, so I don't know it works things out really.

I wouldn't take too much notice of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back