• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain

Crackers

Reaction score
Hi girls,

How are we all doing?

Well, I wanted some of your opinions on weight gain. I am 10 weeks +4days today, and have my first midwife appointment next week (when I'll be 11 weeks +2days).

It is slightly later than I've read they usually are, but I dont really mind - as the week after is my scan!!!

Anyway, I'm getting slightly concerned about weight gain. I am 5'6"/7" and usually weigh between 9.5/10 stone (if I get any lighter it's unhealthy - my periods actually stopped at one point!)
I think I'm about 10 stone 9lbs at the moment, meaning I've put on roughly a stone already (although I think I started out weighing nearer 10 stone as we had just come back from honeymoon and lovely fooooood!) I've read all different things about only putting on up to 5lbs in your first trimester, or putting on up to a stone..so I'm really not sure what is "normal"! Obviously I dont want to be unhealthy, as that's no good for the bubba. I'm eating 3 square meals per day, with snacks in between (things like yogurts, grapes, plain biscuits - the odd choc bar!)

So...is putting on a stone in your first trimester really bad? Or normal? Will I end up putting on ridiculous amounts of weight the further along I go?!

I'm not too worried about losing the weight after - as I've done that before, and can be quite strong-willed, and also really love the gym once I get back into it. I'm just concerned the midwife might tell me off...!

I put 6lb on in the first 8 weeks and now I've lost it all again, tbh I think its just bloatedness, but each person is different and gain weight at different times xxxx

Hi hun

I'm the same height and weight as you and I've put on a stone in the first 3 months. It's all belly though and can still fit in size 10 maternity jeans woohoo. It has slowed down a bit so don't panic just yet, I've only put on an extra pound in 4 weeks xxxxxxxxx

I am dreading to find out how much weight I have put on. I am a bit thick round the middle to start with (not overweight by BMI standards but towards the high end of the healthy range).

Some girls who are naturally slim like yourself can put on a bit more during pregnancy. I wouldn't worry too much about it, sounds like you are eating perfectly.

I reckon I have put on about a stone so far but I'll find out in about 20 mins.

Thanks girls.

Steph - some of it is definitely bloating still, although I'm beginning to notice my belly is still there in the mornings now!

Babybrain - I'm still wearing my size 10 work trousers - just with a safety pin to give me extra room, instead of using the button! The legs are still baggy though...

TORino - thanks for responding. I'm sure you'll be fine! Is this your first midwife appt too?

I think it is all belly and b00bs at the moment - which I'm managing to hide with long cardigans and scarves!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back