weight gain...

Jade89

Reaction score
Ok, at first this diddn't bother me I thought it was normal, but I have gained hardly any weight at all and i'll stay one weight for weeks and weeks...now i'm past 30 weeks i thought the weight would pile on but it hasn't and everytime i weigh myself I'm the same weight more or less and my midwife never weighs me, do you think i should mention something to her on tuesday? I just wanna put my mind at ease and know my baby's gaining normal weight and would they send me for a growth scan or something?

I got told by lots of people that i was to small, so I asked the MW yesterday and for peace of mind she messured me and listend to the baby and all is fine some people dont gain weight, i wish i did'nt I just look fat not PG

I didn't put on hardly any weight with my son, about 12lb's fro pre-pregnancy weight I think, he was born at 34 weeks and weighed 5lb 13oz though! It dropped off afterwards too (well the weight did, not the belly wobble) :roll: .
Maybe mention it to her anyway and see what she says. They tend not to weigh people now as it's pretty unecessary if you're eating right xx

I look huge and have only gained 8lb so far hun,my baby is measuring right for weeks though,you are probably loosing body fat and gaing baby weight hun but if you are worried just mention it to your midwife :D xx

im huge all round! babys a good size apparantly.

I don;t worry about weight gain gcoz i think it spoils a pregnancy. You'll lose it when bub is born so what the fook does it matter.

ENJOY eating :cheer:

haha, ive been eating loads, thats what scares me and i'm not putting anything on, as long as baby is fine I WILL enjoy eating muhahaha! :dance:

I feel huge but I think my weight gain has slowed down too. The baby is still gaining weight though and that's all that matters. You are probably just lucky and the baby is probably using all your calories.

Some people gain baby weight but lose weight from other parts of their body so don't gain too much on the scale, if you are one of them then count yourself lucky :lol:

Ive found that too!!!'ve found that over the lst 6 weeks I havent put on any weight even though I am eating all the time!
But I was talking tomy friend about itwho was due a week before me but had her baby last week and she said exactlythe same. But I do worry if the baby is growng. I suppose its because the baby is taking all the calories and goodness from us .
xx

I wouldn't worry about it. I was the same.

I only put on just over a stone when I was pregnant and it dropped off almost instantly. As Sami says though still got the belly wobble but hopefully exercise will sort that out over time.

They only weighed me at my first appointment and maybe once later on. I used to weigh myself at home.

The less weight you put on the easier it will be to get back in shape afterwards. So long as you're eating a sensibly, baby will be getting all the nutrients he/she needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back