I stopped gaining weight?

i.love

Reaction score
Throughout the second trimester, I was pretty much gaining a kilo every 2 weeks. But recently I suddenly stopped gaining any weight! My weight hasn't changed in the last 5 weeks I think. My tummy is growing at the normal rate though.

So far I gained 12 kilos (1st 12.5lb). I was a normal weight to start with, or maybe slightly underweight.

I'm just wondering if I'm not eating enough because there is not so much space left in my tummy due to the LO putting pressure on the things, you know. What do you think, should I be worried?

That sounds like a really healthy weight gain, I wouldn't be too worried I'm sure the lo is getting everything he needs. As long as he is continuing to get bigger he will be fine, you wouldn't want to put on excessive weight otherwise you'd struggle to lose it afterwards :)
I heard weight gain does slow down towards the end but I didn't think that was until about 37 weeks??

Nat26, really? I never heard about weight slowing down in the last weeks... The sites that I checked all suggested gaining 1 pound a week throughout 2nd and 3rd trimester :-/

I think the baby continues to put on about half a pound a week but maybe we just can't eat so much? I know were suppose to eat an extra 300 calories a day. It probably differs for everyone I guess. Best thing to do is eat all the good things and if your full then I'm sure baby is getting enough and he will definitely take anything he needs from you x

I gained 2st rapidly and now I've seemed to have lost weight!! Got a weight chart on my iPhone app and it was well above estimated weight and now it's taken a huge drop but it's within the estimated range for my height and pre preg weight.. Gonna ask my mw about it next week..

Jayceesmumma, can you let me know what she says? xx

I will do, it's Wednesday afternoon gotta remember to ask lol!! It's my first mw app so will probably be doing the full works including weight and bloods etc so it should remind me.. I'll show her my chart and ask if it's normal x

My weight chart..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316355475.496785.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1316355475.496785.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 3
oh cool. Could you tell me what is the name of the app? xx

BabyBump it's a pink icon with a white preg bump n boobs shaped line..

It's actually a really good app.. My fav app I've got a few pregnancy apps and I've found it most useful :)

Wish I wasn't putting on weight now! I'm def making up for losing a stone in tri 1! I've got this app too, it's a good little tracker of weight and waist. Sounds like your right on track to me though, I wouldn't worry if baby is growing, less to lose afterwards!

Thats true!! Hoping to keep my old figure after baby.. Wasnt bothered after my first two as I had the fuller figure I longed for, I wasn't able to put weight on at all (most womens dream but skinny girls nightmare) was so happy being a 12 but dropped back to 8 so quick :( just before this bfp I managed to get to a comfy size 10 :)
I was huge with jaycee tho... Face arms legs the lot! Was over 11.5st at this point in pg.. Now I'm 10st something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back