Weight Gain ..... OMG

kellysomer

Reaction score
Ok girls, i am officially a porker, i weighed myself the other day and i am 12 stone 8lbs, i am so gutted i know i have been eating too much but i'm just hungry all the time. I put on 3 stone with isla but now i have put on 2 already and i am only 24 weeks, i'm worried. Do you think i could have diabetes??

I dont understand it as i am still in my size 10-12 trousers and size 12 tops and they arent tight? I dont know where the weight has gone , its crazy..... :cry:

I'm purposely avoiding the scales at the moment, but I'm sure I must have put on at least a stone!

I put on 4 stone when pregnant with James, after several years of strict dieting and going to the gym I went a bit mad at the chance to eat choccy and other goodies without feeling too guilty!

I had a perfect BMI at the start of my first pregnancy though, this time I've started out a couple stone overweight so really could do without putting on 4 stone!

I read something the other day that says how much weight you put on in pregnancy is down to your genes, that made me feel a bit better.

I wouldn't worry too much about it hun, you can always lose the weight afterwards. If you had diabetes your midwife would pick up on it from your urine sample :hug: :hug:

I've managed to lose 11lb so far and I'm absolutely delighted. My MW knows and says as long as I'm eating a blaanced diet, it's nothing to worry about.

My BMI was 35 at the start of this pregnancy so I can afford to lose it. I'm not dieting as such, just eating more healthily and cutting down on the amount of carbs as instructed by my consultant to avoid gestational diabetes.

I was lighter after I had Tim than I was when i discovered I was pregnant so perhaps it is in the genes.

Thanks Timsmom!!!! :roll: hehe

My midwife hasnt seen me for ages and i dont see her until the end of the month, plus she is so grumpy she probably wouldnt tell me a anyway, i hate her! :evil:

No chance of me losing 4 stone after baby is born, thats way too optomistic? Anyone know what i should have gained so far, i cant find it on the net.....

I have no idea what you're supposed to put on, but just wanted you to know that I lost the 4 stone I put on with James. I did it over about 6 months with weight watchers and got back to my old size about a year after he was born.

I put on extra 2 stone over the past couple years but that was my fault for having no will power and being lazy :oops:

I put on a stone so far, I think stopping smoking also has something to do with this plus my added infatuation with chocolate :oops:

x

met up with a friend last night (who looked slim and stunning) - she put on 5 stone in her first pregnancy!! and she didn't even look pregnant until about 8 months! when she went off on maternity leave, half of her colleagues hadn't realised she was pregnant :shock: she's not entirely sure where it all went, although she did balloon up in the last month before giving birth. it had all gone away again by about 6 months later.

I'm weighing myself in kg because i dont really know what they mean and i prefer to live in blissful ignorance when it comes to weight gain and so far have put on 6 and I am 24 weeks. I checked on the internet and i think this is about right ill try to find the link i used. Dont worry about it though and keep eating what you want! :hug: :hug:

Thanks Tillytots, its nice to know i'm not alone, i gained 3 stone last time but lost it all in 3 months. I know this time is going to be harder but it is nice to know that someone else is gaining weight as well. (meant in the nicest way possible :hug: )

I suffer terribly with fluid retention already so i am hoping that this is most of it, the stupid thing is that everyone at work keeps commenting on how i havent gained an ounce, then i tell them no 2 stone hehe. I also have a neat bump which is all at the front so you cant see weight on my hips.

Oh the joy of pregnancy, ho hum :rotfl:

My DH hid the scales the day we found out we were expecting! He said that pregnant women shouldn't worry about how much weight they put on as its for the sake of the baby!

I love him so much more when he says things like that!

tots hope said:
My DH hid the scales the day we found out we were expecting! He said that pregnant women shouldn't worry about how much weight they put on as its for the sake of the baby!

you've got a cracker there!!!! :hug:

My OH can't stop commenting on how much weight I've put on :roll:
I keep telling him I hate being reminded about it but does he listen :x

i lost 2 stone in first tri , but i think ive now gained about 6lb back :cheer: beleive me im big enough to handle the loss :rotfl:

my hubby just sometimes stares at my tummy , kinda like in shock / horror :rotfl:

I was last weighed at my 16 week midwife app. I have put on over a stone and am too scared to weigh myself again. I lost 4 1/2 stone before I got PG and will be really upset with myself if I put it all back on!
I dont know where it is either the only thing that has got bigger is my bump and my boobs! Although I cant button my trousers they still fit in the leg and bum and all my tops still feel fine!
I am dreading my next midwife app.

kellysomer said:
Thanks Tillytots, its nice to know i'm not alone, i gained 3 stone last time but lost it all in 3 months. I know this time is going to be harder but it is nice to know that someone else is gaining weight as well. (meant in the nicest way possible :hug: )

I suffer terribly with fluid retention already so i am hoping that this is most of it, the stupid thing is that everyone at work keeps commenting on how i havent gained an ounce, then i tell them no 2 stone hehe. I also have a neat bump which is all at the front so you cant see weight on my hips.

Oh the joy of pregnancy, ho hum :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: I think Il be gaining quite a bit. Im already all boobs and bump, so like you you cant see exaclty where the extra weight is hiding. Im not too worried about gaining, I love the challenge of getting rid of it all afterwards and Im taking a break from being sexy and Im being a cosy little nest for my little chick Im hatching :rotfl: cant let it get cold!! Il do WW again, I managed to ditch 4 and half stone last time :D
x

ive put on about 5lbs so far, which isnt too bad but i was 11stone 11lbs to start with :oops: I was 10 and-a-half with my first pregnancy and put on just over 3 stone :shock:

pre-preggers i used to go out a lot and my social life revolved around the pub and my drinking habbits usually involved pints and then we'd get a late night take-away....so when i have the odd binge i dont feel bad when i think of all the extra calories i used to have of a weekend (thats my theory and im sticking to it, dammit!) :lol:

Don't worry about it guys!!

I'm a porker too, don't know how much exactly I have put on but when you try and get in your wellies and your calves feel like they are choking (don't put weight on on my legs either - more boobs and belly)...you know it's bad! :oops:

However have just made a load of milk choc truffles and truffled most of them too...but just think of all that lovely calcium in chocolate making the baby's bones grow lovely and strong :cheer:

Enjoy it, it's the one time in your life when you don't have to feel guilty!

XXX

Warley said:
However have just made a load of milk choc truffles and truffled most of them too...but just think of all that lovely calcium in chocolate making the baby's bones grow lovely and strong :cheer:

LoL! i do that when i have a cheese binge (melted cheese on crisps....mmmm) I always think how good the calcium is for the baby! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back