Weight gain/loss during pregnancy???

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
Is there anywhere online that I can find out how much weight is safe to gain or lose during pregnancy?

I'm 20wks pregnant and VERY overweight (have been for years) just been diagnosed as having gestational diabetes and when they weighed me last week I had lost weight (prob due to change in diet/cutting out sugar/eating less), I asked nurse if it was ok losing weight while pregnant and she said yes thats good. Then asked her how much i should lose while pregnant and would baby still be getting what it needs if I'm losing weight, she told me that bubs will take whatever it needs from me even if i'm losing weight and that someone would tell me if i'm losing too much!!

I know losing weight is a good thing but would just like a general idea of how much is expected of me or how much is too much too quick iykwim!

Feel like I'm getting on midwives nerves by asking questions so just wondered if anyone had been in this situation before when pregnant?

Thanks,
Sarah xxx

I put on about a stone during my pregnancy and its really hard to shift once baby is born so I'd say if the midwife says you are ok then I'd carry on as you are if you are losing weight you don't need :D I ate my own body weight in haribo when I was pregnant but I had to stop because my sugar levels went high so as long as you are eating healthly I think everyone's body behaves diferent during pregnancy and you'd really have to abuse your body to harm baby. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back