Weepy day

Mildly

Reaction score
Today my OH went back to work and I have been weepy all day. No idea what I'm crying for, Oscar has been pretty good and we went out this afternoon to walk the dog for half an hour which was nice. It isn't that I feel I can't cope without my OH, I just really missed him today. I know that it is still early days but I'd really like to start feeling more in control of my emotions. My sister said she cried everyday for two weeks after having her little girl. This is normal, I know it is, I was just wondering how long the tears might continue?

I think it really depends how emotional you were before. I'm a very sensitive person anyway and used to have days like that, and i still do now, just a little more frequent. It's just getting used to parenthood and the fact your OH has gone back to work will contribute a little bit. It will get better.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I get days like this. 99% of the time I'm happy, but every so often I get so miserable,just for a day or so, it clears the air and I feel better after though

Thanks ladies, your replies made me all weepy too :oops:

I just feel so silly, especially as I'm unable to explain to OH exactly why I'm crying. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more stable day :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I think it's normal to feel weepy in the first couple weeks or so. Hope you're feeling better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks, feel the same today but hopefully it should pass soon. Thanks for the replies.

Hi Mildly :wave:

I remember feeling exactly the same, I was fine on my own but just missed OH. It did pass after a fe days though, hope it gets better for you soon :hug:

Alex xxx

3 days after Galen was born my MIL asked my OH if I had cried yet. He said no. She told him I would soon and when it happened to just hold me.

And lo I cried 5 days after giving birth and didn't have a clue why. I was just crying. OH cuddled me for ages and did so every time I cried in the week after.

LisaJ1986 said:
I think it really depends how emotional you were before. I'm a very sensitive person anyway and used to have days like that, and i still do now, just a little more frequent. It's just getting used to parenthood and the fact your OH has gone back to work will contribute a little bit. It will get better.

ditto to the sensitivity and i cried buckets full when James went back to work

aww sweetie its hard i know and all those hormones flying about and looking after a newborn is hard work
crying lke this is prefetcly normal youve been through a life changing experience of course you will feel a bt weepp
but i cant tell you the lovely look your baby gives and the first smile makes it oh so worth it
Youll feeling calmet within yourself in no time hun :hug:

Dont worry you will feel better soon, I spent a lot of time napping during the day when OH first went back to work just to pass the day :oops: I dont think Eva minded as she was sleeping too lol I also had my Mum come and stay for a few days to help me out and jolly me along a bit, maybe you could arrange to meet a friend every couple of days so you dont feel so lonely without OH?
I think the tears are probably a good thing anyway, maybe release tension and help you get over the trauma of giving birth etc Have some :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone :D

Feeling a bit better today probably because OH is home. Still feel a bit weepy and am crying my was through Lord of the rings at the moment :oops: OH has been great and knows to give me a huge hug when he sees the tears. I have arranged for a few friends to come over next week whilst OH is at work, one of which is a new mum too, so that should help with the loneliness.

Thank you for the advice and hugs :hug: I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear ur feeling better.
I cried alot starting from the 3rd day after birth. and started to miss DH although he was always there next to me. it's just that we were always together and now there is a baby! so by the time i got used to the situation and now. life feels better with a baby. i guess it makes us closer.

the crying it will soon be in the past. as ur body gets back to normal.. and u will get stronger too. u may cry from time to time but it won't be like it was after birth. i belive because everything happens so fast. having a baby. ur hormones. everything and there is no break!

Thanks maldives :D

My OH mentioned it to the midwife yesterday and she looked a bit worried as it is nearly two weeks after the birth. I got a bit weepy talking about my weepiness :roll: so she asked me to make an appointment with the doctor just to get it checked out. I have an appointment on Wednesday so am hoping that I am back to normal by then.

:hug: Hope your feeling better.

I spend most my time crying too today I was in floods of tears because I think Ivy is getting bad tummy pains from wind and her sad little crys and yelps of pain had me sniffling like a good one! Im pretty sensitive anyway but never this much lol I try and think its normal!

i cry everytime the LO cries and feel like such a baby but cant help it :(

hope your feeling better Mildly, Nicki hope your also feeling ok ..hugs

Aww thanks girls :hug: It is reassuring to know I'm not alone.

I'm feeling better and weeping less although I still feel teary at times (especially when he is crying). I told the doctor about it and she she that she used to go out in her garden and scream when her children were newborns. Got a follow up appointment on Friday to make sure things are getting better. Just know I am going to get all teary at the appointment though :oops: :oops:

Hope things feel better for you both too :hug:

hey :wave: I remember crying at eastenders!! really strange feelings heh? Hope your feeling ok, it will soon pass my lovely :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back