Weekly spend on baby things?

Rachey

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea of how much we can afford to spend on rent each month :)

Wondering, roughly, how much you mummys spend on baby each week? For things like nappies, milk etc?

Thanks xxx

Thanks hun, I've budgeted 150 for formula, nappies and wipes each month.. Does that sound ok? I'm planning to try to breastfeed but I've tried to include the cost of formula incase I don't manage it..

I'm just trying to work out costs for the first few months while I'm on SMP, I'm sure he'll start costing more as he gets bigger and starts spotting things he wants in the shops :lol:

^^^ agreed, formula around a tenner a week (depending how much your baby throws up and how much you spend on colic drops etc...) BFing is by far the best financially! when you wean baby jars are 10 for £5, but obviously making and pureeing your own is MUCH cheaper, you'll probably end up buying jars at some stage cos you can take them out in your handbag without keeping them chilled! And theyre great for an emergency situation when you realise you've run out of food int he freezer! nappies are getting more expensive by the week at the mo, its cheaper to use resusable nappies in the long run, but I just dont think Im organised enough to manage :blush:

then they just keep GROWING so you gotta but vests etc...

baby wipes, bowls, spoons, bibs, teethers, teething gel, baby thermometer... theres always something youve just got to buy :roll:

I'd say £25 per week would be okay if youre not planning on splashing out on the best of the best!

Thanks hun, I've budgeted 150 for formula, nappies and wipes each month.. Does that sound ok? I'm planning to try to breastfeed but I've tried to include the cost of formula incase I don't manage it..

I'm just trying to work out costs for the first few months while I'm on SMP, I'm sure he'll start costing more as he gets bigger and starts spotting things he wants in the shops :lol:

thats sounds really sensible to me.

Sounds fine to me Hun! i breastfed for the first 4 months which saved me a small fortune, i use Tesco or morrison own brand nappies in the day which saves allot! whenever theres good offers on wipes etc i stock up. i also stocked up on loads of nappies before i had LO and i've only just had to buy some she's now 6 months xx

Lol I'm the same tiny, my cousin used re-usable nappies with her LO(she's super organised all the time!) it sounded a great idea but I'm not even going to attempt that one.. I would just end up in a mess :lol:

I was planning to stock up on nappies like you said ZMD but I think I've only got 2 packs, oops!! I'll need to remember and pick up a pack each time I'm at Asda, will be great to have lots stocked up when baby comes :)

Last edited:
have a look on amazon for nappies, the prices keep changing but Ive had some bargains on multipacks of pampers nappies and wipes.

oooh and look on mysupermarket.co.uk to quickly see how much nappies are inthe big 4 supermarkets. Special offers change so often. Defiantely possible to get bargains when you use internet.

I found amazon quite cheap for nappies. also Asda have there baby event on Atm and boots are doing 3 for 2 x

£150 a month sounds reasonable. I have no idea how much I spend as I'm a MAJOR bulk buyer, I have enough nappies and wipes to last 6 months!! I took advantage of the boots offer.

i just had a gander at the prices and started a thread in discount, deals & freebies section. Amazon has gone up recently so sometimes the supermarkets deals are better but its worth looking cos the amnazon prices seem variable.

its always really useful to look out for the asda baby and toddler events as when they are on go and stock up!! i got 12 (im sure its 12) packs of wipes for a tenner and then 160 nappies for 16 quid. J goes through about 5/6 a day and then we get the nighttime ones for night now hes sleeping so much longer!! definitely lovely the asda events though!! in fact i wish i had stocked up on them pre josh"
xx

i bought loads before h was born (while we had the extra money) and so far he's nearly 7 months and i havent had to buy nappies or wipes yet!!

I spend about £15 on mik, fruit pots and veg to make his purees with but i tend to make my own and have jars for when i go out just incase!!

I dont spend anywhere near that, but Im entitled to healthy start vouchers, which is £6.20 per week towards formula, I use reusables so only buy a pack of nappies every 3 months or so (theyre so useful to have around!) and she eats what I eat, but I do buy jars, like tiny said, to have as a 'just incase'. Like I used one tonight because dinner wasnt ready in time (Im a tad unorganised lol) and it was near bedtime.

Id say (if I wasnt always buying her un-needed clothes) Id spend about £70 a month on her, including new vests and clothes ect and nappies. Like the others have said, if you can breastfeed then it'll save a fortune.

Use all your vouchers before babys born too to buy nappies. I thought I had way too many but it actually lasted about 8 weeks or so and was soooo useful. Wipes are best to buy in bulk. Asda have got good deals on wipes normally.

i spend about £30 a week ish...

£8 goes on milk, but now he has upped his oz's we go through a tub and a half more or less a week
£10 on nappes
£2 a month on wipes (if that).... i discoved tesco value baby wipes at 18p a pack so get 10packs a time...they're really good, i thought they wouldnt be but he hasnt had any redness or anything. i use them to take my makeup off too!!! theyre quite thin though so maybe i use 2 at a time but still!

£10 a week on food. i usually look for the offers on tesco. i mainly buy jars and fruit pots for convenience, HIPP were 8jars for £5, and two packs of cow &gate fruit pots which lo loves (so 8 portions) for £5 i think. which is great for me when we go out. other than that i puree our own. its suprising how much pureé u can get from1 sweet potato1!

D goes through 1 tub of cow and gate a week = £36 4w
We use Morrisons own nappies! D used to leek everywhere with pampers and someone had morrisons nappies which were too small for their lil 1 and so passed em on to me and they are fab and only £1.50ish for 26 which last 4days so we buy 2 a week = £12 4w
D also has cotton wool which is aloooot! cheeper than wipes and also better for sensitive skin and you can pick up huge bags in tesco for a couple of quid which lasts us 2w of not more! (we prefer the balls not pads and the balls also last longer ...perfect for top and tailing :) ) = £4 4w
they are the necessaries which means we spend £52 for 4w!

We also had to buy infacole for a couple of weeks. he went through 1 a week and they cost just under £3.

I think nappies are the most expensive bit but if you dont mind using own brands you can really save alot of money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back