baby monitors? and toys?

chelsea

Reaction score
how much did everyone spend on monitors, if at all. i live in a 2 bed flat the baby is going to be in with us for the first year and the bedroom is next to the living room, i dont know if its worth getting a monitor, and if i do how much to spend.

please help! i know there are other things i need to get so am trying to budget as we are kinda limited, i have £200 and OH has 2 more months wages spare, plus we have people offering to buy stuff so we are going to tell them they can get a bouncer or something. i just cant think of anything we can get thats desperately needed that i dont already have :lol:

im stuck on toys, i dont know what toys you get for a new born so any advice helpful!

If baby is going to be in with you for first year or six months I'd not bother with a monitor tbh. We didn't get one till our LO was about 4 months old.

As for toys, don't get much. Newborns are much more interested in your face and other people than toys in the first couple of months. Good things to invest in would be a mobile for over the cot/basket, a playmat/gym that will find use as LO gets a bit bigger and a few simple baby toys. We found cuddly musical ones were soothing for our LO in the first 8 weeks.

We didn't buy a monitor until recently and only because we started putting him down to settle himself so sat downstairs. I wouldn't get one until the baby is here and you are certain you won't need one. You may find the baby is loud enough for you to hear ;)

Toys - don't get much. You might get loads as presents and they aren't too bothered about them in the beginning. A play mat is good. Finlay loved and still loves his :D

I dont have a monitor, we have a three storey house but are never far from her so its unnessisary.

I would reccomend a cot mobile but I use ours in the lounge not in the cot as she gets so excited by it, she coos and squeels and smiles at the fishes on it.

also having something padded for LO to lay down and kick their legs is good although a blanket is good for this you can get some cute pay mats.

We were given an eeyore that claps its ears and sings/talks, it responds to noise and athough she doesnt intentionally do it when she shouts/starts moaning it triggers him off and she sits staring at it puzzled which keeps her amused.

We also read alot to LO as it really soothes her

for the first couple of weeks they wont be bothered by much but by about 4 weeks their interest will spark, tis lovely to see

We bought a mobile and a soft rattle, but anything else we have was given to us. I wouldn't bother with toys at first because they don't need them, unless you see something you fall in love with and it might be sentimental. I like his comforter blankie and he has a cute little lion rattle. Also, a cat one but he only just started caring about these things. I think something that makes loud noises (like rattling or music) are good because it will eventually be able to help snap them out of crying. We never bought a playmat. We were handed down a playnest one, but he hated it until he got bigger (25 inches) because he just slid down into a crumble if we didn't hold him in it the entire time.

Oh yeah how could I forget? We were given a lovely swing, but he isn't very happy in it often. Maybe when he is a little older.

Check out Ebay, there is tons of stuff on there and if you put it a distance search you will probably be able to collect to save on postage :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back