weekly menus

titch

Reaction score
Do you guys do a weekly menu thats the same every week? Kind of monday is pasta night etc...

Ive never done it, just cooked what I fancy but some nights Im so exhausted I cant even be bothered to think. I like the thought of a rigid routine with me going back to work next week.

I need inspiration though, we want to eat with LO so nothing too spicy, nothing with added salt (but I have the baby stock cubes) and LO is gluten free but we have gluten free toast and pasta so can just do 2 pans. Tuesdays, thursdays and fridays need to go into the slow cooker cos Ill be at work all day and need to get LO fed on time for the bedtime routine.

Inspire me girlies!! :flower:

I realy like that idea, we do the same as u at the mo, what ever we fancy, buf il be keepin my eyes on here to see any ideas :)
X

I plan the weeks food ahead so for example this week went like this;

Friday-homemade fishcakes with chips and beans

Saturday-pizza, salad and garlic bread

Sunday-roast beef with mash, roast, cauliflower/broccoli cheese and sweetcorn

Monday-oxtail stew with boiled potatoes

Tuesday-chicken Kiev, chips and beans

Wednesday-chilli and rice (mild version for DD, spicy version for us)

Thursday-shepards pie with pickled onions

I don't do 'every Monday is stew day' sort of thing but I have to plan ahead otherwise I'd never get things done. I also cook everything on a Friday and then freeze it all ready for the week.

urm

Well, easy options: Corned beef hash, baked potatoes,
spag bol,
pasta with asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, black olives an mozerella
ratatoulli
cottage pie
pizza as treat

yeah bout 3 weeks ago we started planning our meals cos we just couldnt cope with deciding every single night! and also tryign to save money so planning it out helps! Trying to have one jacket potato and one omlette night a week cos cheap andhealthy meals. We also 'eat with LO' or what we have the night before he'll have the next night.
This week is
Pasta with veg sauce
Jacket and chilli
Omlette and salad
Fish couscous and roasted veg
Risotto
Lamb prob

Last week was
stir fry
omlette
haddock and wedges
omlette
homemade burgers

finding having it plans helps so much
Chilli

thanks for the inspiration girls!! Im thinking of trying to double up to amke life easier:

Monday; bolognase on jacket sweet potatoe and salad
Tuesday: Lasagne and salad (using the bolognase & salad from monday)
Wednesday: Roast chicken with veg n mash
Thurday: potato cakes (with mash n veg from wednesday) and sausages and baked beans
Friday: toad in the hole (with precooked sausages from thursday) no idea what goes with toad in the hole.... :confused: or maybe I could do a sausage casserole? then I could add any left over beans from thursday too.

I think Im a genius!!! :yay: what do you guys think nutrition wise? Thursdays not great but we get the reduced salt n sugar baked beans and there'll be veg in the potato cakes so I dont feel so bad then. I could swap the bolognase for mincemeat one week and have cottage pie the next night instead of lasagne, same principle.

Shopping list would be;

2 sweet potatoes
Big packet of mince
3 x chopped tinned tomatoes
lasagne sheets (wouldnt need to buy every week)
bag of salad
2 chicken legs n thighs
pack of sausages
reduced salt n sugar beans
carrots, peas, sweetcorn, onions, brocolli as and when we run out

I cant think about weekends, I think saturday will be frozen pizza night :lol: sunday can be flexible night so we can have a bit of variety.

I feel smug now :smug:

oh I forgot cheese for the lasagne :doh: Im gonna type it into mysupermarket.com and see how much it all comes to.

true facts Ive just learned from money supermarket;

Its a LOT cheaper to buy the loose veg than in packets. Its the exact same stuff, broccolli was over £1 more per 100g wrapped in plastic than loose! This one amazed me. Its cheaper to buy your cheese pre grated than in a block. Again the same cheese; £4 per kg grated in a packet, £5.12 per kg in a block. WTF?!!?

Anyway, back to the main point. all the stuff for those dinners, including me buying the 2 for... offers on meat to freeze for the next week and buying lasagne sheets which we wont need every week, came to £23.73 :yay: then I need to add packet lunches, breakfast and snacky stuff and Morgans milk of course but Im still impressed with that for almost a weeks worth of dinners. Oh and I got myself a bag of frozen sausages cos theyre so much cheaper, I think there was 24 in the pack so wont be spending anywhere near that much next week. :cheer: I couldnt bring myself to buy smartprice minced beef :sick: you just dunno whats in there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back