Weekend nearly over - anxious again!

emma_85

Reaction score
I'm not sure if others feel like this, but during the week I am on pins incase I go into labour. Purely because my hubby is at work and i'm home alone! I literally count down the days until friday arrives when I completely relax knowing he is there should anything happen.

I did speak to him about it, and we have mastered a 'plan', which has calmed my anxieties a little. Phone him after 3-5 regular contractions - he will then leave work and should be home within 45 minutes. Sounds pretty straight forward...yet still I don't like the thought of it happening while i'm home alone.

I've been having words with bump - "it's the weekend now, you can come along anytime you like" But this evening I shall be having more words with bump about staying put for another 5 days!

Anyone else worried about being alone when labour begins?

Goin on my previous labours I take hours to get anywhere,which is y I worry at the niggles. Wen I started wiv my 3rd me and dh was up all night and by mornin contractions eased off so I sent him to work,painful contractions didn't kick in til 5pm.
I think it's very rare that u spontaneously go into labour,usually it's a slow build up so no need to worry xx

I'm having painful but somewhat irregular contractions now to the point mum is in panic mode.

My plan is to stay calm. Keep an eye on them for 1hour n if still no change.
Call the numbers on my list n go with the flow.
I really have no idea what I'm suppose to do :(

I live alone so it's more than likely to happen when I'm alone, but as soon as I have any signs I'm going straight to my parents house and will stay there till it's hospital time! But yea it does worry me as I think I'm going to panic when it actually comes to it!
Xxx

Thanks Emma - that's so reassuring. It's so hard to plan when you have no idea how your body is going to react during labour.

Lealea - I'm the same!! I have my maternity notes with the stickers/telephone numbers right next to the phone! Some weeks ago I had a tour of the hospital maternity suite, and while waiting to be shown around I heard the receptionist on the phone to a lady who was having contractions, she asked questions then got a midwife who also asked more questions before telling her to come in! So I pretty much know that where I plan to give birth they get a picture from you on the phone, then decide on whether you should go in or not.

My dilemma is that I want to stay at home for as long as possible - i hate hospitals! But obviously i'll have no idea how dilated I am, and I don't want to end up with a baby on my lounge floor because i've left it too long!

aww hun youll be great. try not to stress out maybe have a friend on standby who is closer that would be happy to wait with you till hubby gets back. i have thought about labour but am being fairly chilled about it! cant understand it really as i normally worry about everything!! think im more worried about the 30 minute journey to get there., big hugs xx

Learn to check your own cervix :) that's my plan! My midwife said I can save a lot of uneccesary bother and hassle as I feel quite confident doing it, so when I'm getting regular contractions I can have a feel and if it's open or I can feel hair lol i know I should call the hospital!

I know what you mean though. My OH has his own garage with an 18yr old apprentice, so if I need him he's gonna have to ring one of his pals to come save the day so he can leave! And he gets amazingly busy so it's gonna be a bit of a bitch if he's having a busy day and I need him! So my cervix plan is a good one I think cos then I can check myself :)

X

I feel a bit like this. My hubby is a recovery driver for the rac and so he could literally be miles/hours away when I need him, then he'll need to get back to his base and drive 30mins home. I'm sure everything will be fine though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back