Irrationally anxious

Kandle

Reaction score
Does any one else feel very anxious and constantly worried? My real anxieties come about from a protective feeling over my bump and my family. I feel anxious and paranoid that something is going to happen to my partner or me when I am in situations that make me feel vulnerable.

For example, last night was my partner's 40th birthday party (I am in a same sex relationship and our baby has been conceived by donor). I had organised a big party and was shattered from spending the day cooking the buffet for 50 people. I left early with our nephews as I was so tired and had expected her home at about midnight. To cut along story short, she did not get home until gone 5am. I spent the whole night worried about her. I could not make contact with her and had awful visions of her being in a ditch somewhere. I hate it when she is drunk as she looses all of her inhibitions and is very easily led and I think this is so much worse as I have spent the last 6 or so months sober, so see all of the dangers more clearly. I did not sleep a wink and just watched the hours going by getting more and more worried. I know in reality that much of this anxiety is totally irrational, but I just can't seem to shake it when I'm in it iykwim. When I finally knew that she was safe at about 4:20am, my worry turned to anger and I felt that she had been so selfish and thoughtless.

So today has been a real washout. I am absolutely shattered. I try to make her understand how I feel and I have not been able to stop crying all day. Her birthday (actually today) has been a disaster since this morning because of this. I don;t want my anxieties to restrict her and i hate feeling that she considers me controlling (she has not actually said this), but I have found it so difficult to keep my worries in check since I have been pregnant. Sometimes it feels like I am going crazy, I just feel so bloody vulnerable!

Does any one else feel irrational worried and protective like this, or is it really just me?

Sorry about the long post - just wanted to run it past other pregnant ladies, as I am sure that much of this is hormone/pregnancy related - Advice please!!!:eh:

I can understand your worries. Even before getting pregnant I had/have irrational overactive thoughts. However, I very rarely say anything as my head knows I'll sound so over the top. When I think about whether to express my ott thoughts I always imagine how I would respond to someone saying them to me or how I would feel if I heard a story about someone acting the way I want to act. (I hope this is making sense). If I would think that they are ott I keep the thoughts to myself.
It's hard but stops my hubby from being in a he can never win situation - it's my problem not his.
Sometimes, a while after an event I'll talk to him about how I felt but in a calm way and say to him things like I'm just telling you this, you don't have to do anything and you didn't do anything wrong at the time.
We've been together for a long time now. (14 years) so he knows what I'm like and over the years I've learnt to control myself.
I don't know if this will help. I'm sorry that you're so upset, I'm sure that if she had know that you would be so upset she would have done something differently. She won't have done those things to upset you, she just hasn't thought and we've all done that from time to time.
I hope things get better for the two of you

Completely normal honey!! I'm the frigging same. The other evening my OH was at his helping his brother fix his motorbike. I didn't hear from him all evening and he wasn't answering so I collapsed on a heap of tears really worried about him - he didnt call me til 2am! Then he came home, but I was so upset and anxious about where he was or where he could be or did he ave an accident on the way over etc, I was a real mess! I couldn't sleep or anything til he got here (usually I'm not that fussed lol) I know exactly what you mean. I look back to that and I feel a little silly but then k think sod it I'm entitled to feel like this as I'm pregnant lol. It will go after baby is here I'm pretty sure. X

Awww Hun. It's seems to be very normal during pregnancy.
I'm forever fretting and have an overwelming anxiety come over me. I hope ur partner had a lovely birthday. I also hope that ur anxiety eases just before baby arrives :)

It's easier said than done but try not to worry. I'm trying myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back