Nearly there.........hopefully!!

Kerry

Reaction score
Saw midwife for 38 week check up yesterday and all was very good, I told her my recent symptoms:

Lower back ache, increased discharge (sorry), very achy down low, increased hunger, weeing all the time, tiredness etc..........and my dog won't leave me alone!!

She said it was all looking very good, when she examined me she said that the head was well engaged which was unusual for a third baby as they tend not to engage until later. She advised me to try the curry and cuddles method - you should have seen hubby's face light up!!

Anyway, last time I went she wasn't sure of baby's position so I have been feeling a bit anxious about it as I am planning a home birth so was really chuffed yesterday to hear it's not only in a great position but almost ready to come out too!!

Knowing my luck I will still be here in 3 weeks saying the same thing but it does give you a bit of hope after an appointment like that!!

Good luck, I hope it happens for you soon. Thats funny about the dog, is it a male or a bitch?

Male!! But a bit of a confused male as he had to have his testicles removed as a puppy as they were in his tummy!!, he has always been very sensitive and lacking in testosterone!!

He has been very attentive through my whole pregnancy as he was with the first two, but in the last few days he keeps sitting next to me and whining and barks if I leave him etc.......bless him.

This is him with his best friend (he is the big one!!)

Ben004.jpg

Aww, yeah, not long to go is it Kerry!!

l went to my midwife yesturday too for my 38+6 week checkup, l told her of my symptoms too, the backache and other niggles etc. baby's head is engaged and quite low now,- 3/5 in relation to brim whatever that is, think it is how low baby is lying, well l think it is anyway! Yeah, my midwife suggested food like a curry (won't eat it, yuck!) and nookie with my man,...he likes that ldea too!!

l talked to the midwife about my birth plan too, l wrote it all down (how organised am l!) l am hoping to have a waterbirth if the birthing pool is available for when l arrive (fingers crossed it is though). lts all exciting stuff! Just nervous, but lm sure it will all fall into place when our little bundle of joy arrives!!

l hope your home birth works out for you Kerry and all the best to you and Lauramum.

Fluffy. xx :lol:

Good Luck Kerry, it sounds very promising!!
Gorgeous dogs, mine has been fantastic with Charlotte, think we need another pets post!!!

Good luck Kerry hopefully you will be holding your LO sooner than you expected?!

Steph x

I couldnt stop laughin when I was reading your post Kerry! I was thinking to myself about how I seem to be going through the exact same thing and then how much in common we had with our dogs, and guess what. Stan just happens to be a red boxer boy with the same situation as a puppy. lol Both mine are still young, Vinnie is almost 2 now and Stan is almost 2.5 and both have really matured since my belly got bigger, although Stan doesnt even use his lead now and loves to listen to my belly. Vinnie is just excited to have a new friend I think. He is the mad boxer that everytime he see's a kid he wiggles his bum for Scotland!!! Boxers are an amazing breed to grow up with and I couldnt imagine my childhood without them!

Didnt have any recent pics of them lying behind each other!

27th%20feb%2004%20012.jpg
[/img]

Kerry

So glad things are moving along for you - seems like it was just yesterday when I was congratulating you on your pregnancy. Time really has flown hasn't it?!!

Anyway hope things all work out smoothly for you - I don't find much time to turn the computer on nowadays, but when I do, I'll be keeping an eye out for your 'new arrival' post - from your symptoms it sounds like it will be anytime!

LBxx

Good luck Kerry, hope little one arrives soon!

Your symptoms were the same as I had the day before I went into labour!

Lucy
Olivia 1 day old

Great news Kerry, hope he/she arrives soon!

And your faithful friend is even more gorgeous in the flesh!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back