week12/13 dating scans

minxie

Reaction score
Just a quick question about these first scans - is it possible to get an indication of a baby's gender at this scan? or is it only clear at a 20+ week scan?

Nope sorry 20 week only.

At 12/13 week scans its just for checking them out signs of downs syndrome etc (sometimes not all!) and measuring them. Its a dating scan more then anything to check how far along you are. Though this isnt always correct and you can work out babys age by working out when your last period was.

nope sorry baby arnt fully devoloped untill 16/17 weeks anyway so it could look like a girl but grow a winkie later
xx

Definitely not..........some sonographers struggle at 20 weeks, so at the 12 week scan its impossible!!

Hi girls, Interesting thread as I was going to ask about something similar my self.
I get my scans at a private center. so is it necessary that I get the 12 weeks scan at 12 weeks or 13 or can I delay it till 16 weeks coz i would like to know the gender early??

At 12,13 weeks it's impossible to know the gender. at around 15+ last time i went to the best sonographer in town and it was soo clear it's a boy!

OH and I paid for a private scan at 13 weeks and we found out the gender and I can certainly say it was correct. so it is possible. Just have to consider the position of the baby as well to get a clear shot of his/her bits!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back