dating scan at 10 weeks

lisa b 01

Reaction score
hi just wondering when all of you have had your first dating scans? with my first little boy i had mine at about 12 weeks with this scan i think il be about 10 weeks can they still see everything is ok with baby at 10 weeks hear heartbeat ect? also will i be able to get scan pictures thanks

hey! i would have thought you would see something as in a 12 week there is so much detail, if they are happy then i would have thought that would be it til 20 weeks, and yeah corse you can have scan piccys! x

My first scan is at 10 weeks too. When I called to make an appointment they said I could be seen at 10 weeks so they must be able to see stuff etc

My first scan was at 9 weeks but that was because my midwife thought I was 12 weeks. I saw a tiny bean at 2.7mm long.

Emma x

I was told they had to wait till 13 weeks now so they could do this new check on the back of babys neck, I cant remember what its called? I think it Nu... something and apparently this cant be tested until 13 weeks, Thats why I was so desperate for an early scan cos 13 weeks is FOREVER away! xx

Nucal transluceny test is done between 12 & 13 weeks.

Emma

Thats the one Emma lol x
Thank you x

I was told they had to wait till 13 weeks now so they could do this new check on the back of babys neck, I cant remember what its called? I think it Nu... something and apparently this cant be tested until 13 weeks, Thats why I was so desperate for an early scan cos 13 weeks is FOREVER away! xx
i thought you had to pay for the nuchal testing? my sister has just had a private scan done for it she had to pay £200 for it, my mw said this scan is just a dating scan and to see how many babys there are :)

At my hospital it's free, but the hospital in the next town don't offer it.

Emma

I had suspected eptopic and had a scan at 8 weeks, you can see the bubba, very small mind you. But you can also see the heartbeat, which looks huge in comparison to the rest of its body.

I had a scan at 8 plus 6 and then again at 10 weeks exactly due to loosing the last one at 11 plus 5 , and the difference between the two scans was huge!

here is a piccy of my sticky baby - for you to see what you could expect at 10 week plus 0 :lol: (you can see a hand and see the HB clearly)

Good luck and enjoy every minuute of your scan

Attachments

• Sticky scan at 10 weeks 0 days 23rd June 2010.jpg
    Sticky scan at 10 weeks 0 days 23rd June 2010.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
ooooooo i still got another 5 weeks to wait for our scan. really cant wait. i just want to get into the safe zone. get into the 2nd trimester. i will stop worrying then.

cant wait to the see my lil boogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back