Weddings 2021 Thread

Shan this was our reason for not getting married abroad. Doesn’t fancy it meant can’t afford it for lots of our guests x

Yeah of course, I do appreciate not everyone will be able to afford it, we haven't invited many people for that reason. It's a huge thing to ask of someone, especially right now when lots of people are on reduced income. His brothers reason isn't money at all, they're very well off and originally said they wouldn't miss it but since then we haven't spoken much and he isn't speaking to mil or their other brother who is currently coming so I think it's more to do with that. We really don't mind though, we wanted a small wedding and would have preferred to go and do it just the 5 of us but our family would have complained so abroad seemed to make the most sense. We can invite immediate family and close friends and say to others who 'expect' an invite that we're saving their pockets, then not everyone we have invited will be able to come because it's a lot to ask. Sounds horrible when I write it! But a big wedding has never been something either of us want and we couldn't justify the cost for people we barely speak to either x

No date yet, just as soon as possible to be honest.

@Shan92 is your name short for anything? As my name is Shan haha

No date yet, just as soon as possible to be honest.

@Shan92 is your name short for anything? As my name is Shan haha

I'll add you to page 1. Have you given notice? I'm dreading that as we have to approach his mother for her birth certificate.

I'll add you to page 1. Have you given notice? I'm dreading that as we have to approach his mother for her birth certificate.

No we haven't as he is still married.
Oh no that doesn't sound good.

Yeah of course, I do appreciate not everyone will be able to afford it, we haven't invited many people for that reason. It's a huge thing to ask of someone, especially right now when lots of people are on reduced income. His brothers reason isn't money at all, they're very well off and originally said they wouldn't miss it but since then we haven't spoken much and he isn't speaking to mil or their other brother who is currently coming so I think it's more to do with that. We really don't mind though, we wanted a small wedding and would have preferred to go and do it just the 5 of us but our family would have complained so abroad seemed to make the most sense. We can invite immediate family and close friends and say to others who 'expect' an invite that we're saving their pockets, then not everyone we have invited will be able to come because it's a lot to ask. Sounds horrible when I write it! But a big wedding has never been something either of us want and we couldn't justify the cost for people we barely speak to either x

It’s terrible isn’t it. My brother never came to our wedding but had a very good excuse as he lost his leg in a motor bike accident the month before and was still in hospital.

Ah gosh that sounds messy! Hopefully you’ll be able to get away and just do the small veremony you want x

Congrats on your upcoming weddings! How exciting!

I was married in 2012. (Wow that makes me feel old lol)

My biggest dress fiasco was that I let my mom talk me into a dress and then I work up in the middle of the night a few days later having a crisis. I hated the dress I got pressured into buying! I ended up going back to David's Bridal to exchange the dress for a different one.

My only advice to you is to get a dress that you love and that is comfortable for you.

My husband was a bit of a bridezilla and wanted this huge wedding. I wanted to just go to a JP and then have a potluck or something afterward. We ended up meeting in the middle and having a small wedding in a park. It was actually a nice wedding and I'm glad we did it.

Here's a picture of the wedding dress I chose:
6gOxIzf.jpg

Congrats on your upcoming weddings! How exciting!

I was married in 2012. (Wow that makes me feel old lol)

My biggest dress fiasco was that I let my mom talk me into a dress and then I work up in the middle of the night a few days later having a crisis. I hated the dress I got pressured into buying! I ended up going back to David's Bridal to exchange the dress for a different one.

My only advice to you is to get a dress that you love and that is comfortable for you.

My husband was a bit of a bridezilla and wanted this huge wedding. I wanted to just go to a JP and then have a potluck or something afterward. We ended up meeting in the middle and having a small wedding in a park. It was actually a nice wedding and I'm glad we did it.

Here's a picture of the wedding dress I chose:

Wow - you look stunning! <3 I married in 2004 but got divorced in 2012! <3 Best day of my life - when that decree absolute arrived. <3

That dress looks amazing, I want a corset back! My budget is SO tight though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back