Weddings 2021 Thread

RainbowMama

Reaction score
Who else is planning on getting married this year?

Have you made all your plans? I bought a dress but HATE how it fits, so I'm on the look out for a cheap, second hand dress that fits me better. I'm plus size so I think it's a difficult task.
We don't plan on having a large wedding (due to funds and family rife), but we do intend on having at least 2 witnesses and just to go for drinks, maybe a meal afterwards.

We're hoping Covid doesn't put a stop to our wedding.

June:
4th: @Shan92 <3

November:
2nd: @RainbowMama <3

To Be Confirmed:
@CrazyChic <3

Last edited:
Ahhh what a lovely thread rainbow! We got married in 2017 and did it a LOT cheaper than most do our venue including wedding breakfast, evening buffet DJ etc was £5000. We didn’t get married at that venue we did it in church which was about £500.

There were extras and I got my wedding dress in Atlanta from bridal by Lori while on a girls trip with my mom and best friend. I didn’t have any intention of buying really but my mom cried so I had to :rotfl:

Thank you @Mrsbridge17, I have a really odd body shape, my hips are huge, and I have a big belly, like with a flap which really doesn't make me look good in my dress!

I was planning on buying shape wear but I'm still not sure that's going to help, I need to feel beautiful on my wedding day.. He's mainly sorted, I think he needs shoes, tie and a shirt and I've already got my tiara, tights, vail, and shoes! I just need to sort the dress situation out :rotfl: <3

This is my tiara, I love it! I wanted a simple one and it's certainly that, I actually really, really love it!

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 21.57.03.png

Thank you @Mrsbridge17, I have a really odd body shape, my hips are huge, and I have a big belly, like with a flap which really doesn't make me look good in my dress!

I was planning on buying shape wear but I'm still not sure that's going to help, I need to feel beautiful on my wedding day.. He's mainly sorted, I think he needs shoes, tie and a shirt and I've already got my tiara, tights, vail, and shoes! I just need to sort the dress situation out :rotfl: <3

This is my tiara, I love it! I wanted a simple one and it's certainly that, I actually really, really love it!

View attachment 92421

That’s lovely! I borrowed my veil and tiara because I honestly didn’t want one :shakehead: I was made to so my lovely friend lent me hers it was my something borrowed.

This was it at my alteration fitting a week before my wedding couldn’t get in the bloody thing had to have it corset lol! X

E5F2E26C-3C5A-4A06-8A57-BDB6E255B547.jpg

Aww wow exciting <3, something great to look forward too. Hopefully by November covid won't be ruining anything.

Were not married, we can't afford it at the minute. Itll be something in the future for us.

@Mrsbridge17 you looked lovely!

@Mrsbridge17, Wow, you are stunning! <3

@flowerbomb, Yes.. it's something to look forward to! We're doing it on a budget, a very tight budget.

I've found a problem with my dress size, because of my big butt and wide hips, I can either get a tight fitting around my hips, or if I have a few more inches there, I then have an extra 7" around the bust that I can't account for. :oops:

If I go for a tighter fit, I'd be scared to sit down and it would rip, so I think I'll just get the size up and try to deal with the boob area...

@flowerbomb, Yes.. it's something to look forward to! We're doing it on a budget, a very tight budget.

I've found a problem with my dress size, because of my big butt and wide hips, I can either get a tight fitting around my hips, or if I have a few more inches there, I then have an extra 7" around the bust that I can't account for. :oops:

If I go for a tighter fit, I'd be scared to sit down and it would rip, so I think I'll just get the size up and try to deal with the boob area...

@RainbowMama you can get bargains at places like we’d 2 be and other outlets xx

Aww! I love a small wedding!

We wanted to elope, but ultimately had a basic no frill ceremony, with two witnesses, which were my parents and then a really lovely meal afterwards and then straight after the meal we headed off on our honeymoon to a completely secluded cottage with a wood fired hot tub, on its own 21 acres. Didnt see another person for a whole week. It was amazing, we were literally in the middle of a forest and there was one 2 mile road leading in and out to only the cottage which was locked and only we had the key for.

The honeymoon was definitely the highlight :rotfl:

I am a very weird shape from loosing 10 stone, I have no boobs, no bum, no hips, just a large tummy and a ton of excess skin so finding a traditional wedding dress wasn't doing it for me.

I ended up getting a white knee length smock style lacey dress from Zara, and pairing it with doc Marins, a hat and leather jacket! Felt way more comfortable for a sit down meal afterwards too!

Its just finding something you feel comfortable in xx

We are planning on getting married this year. No date yet as my other half is waiting for his divorce to come through. Taking extra long cause of Covid :(

We having a small wedding too, but a big party :D

@RainbowMama you can get bargains at places like we’d 2 be and other outlets xx

I'll have a look into that, I don't think I've looked at Wed 2 be yet!

Aww! I love a small wedding!

We wanted to elope, but ultimately had a basic no frill ceremony, with two witnesses, which were my parents and then a really lovely meal afterwards and then straight after the meal we headed off on our honeymoon to a completely secluded cottage with a wood fired hot tub, on its own 21 acres. Didnt see another person for a whole week. It was amazing, we were literally in the middle of a forest and there was one 2 mile road leading in and out to only the cottage which was locked and only we had the key for.

The honeymoon was definitely the highlight :rotfl:

I am a very weird shape from loosing 10 stone, I have no boobs, no bum, no hips, just a large tummy and a ton of excess skin so finding a traditional wedding dress wasn't doing it for me.

I ended up getting a white knee length smock style lacey dress from Zara, and pairing it with doc Marins, a hat and leather jacket! Felt way more comfortable for a sit down meal afterwards too!

Its just finding something you feel comfortable in xx

That all sounds amazing, Do you have a photo of the dress? If I wasn't too ashamed and embarrassed about my body, I'd share what I look like in my dress. I love the top half of it, but the middle with my stomach - yuck! <3

We are planning on getting married this year. No date yet as my other half is waiting for his divorce to come through. Taking extra long cause of Covid :(

We having a small wedding too, but a big party :D

Best way! Do you have a month in mind you'd like to get married? I'm thankful that I was divorced in 2014 and since then I've had the decree absolute framed (not joking!).

I've got our wedding rings already, just trying to find me a dress before we get the last few little bits. I'm really hoping Covid doesn't delay our wedding. <3

We are booked to get married in June in Cyprus but not sure if it'll go ahead or not with covid limiting travel. We've decided if we can get there then we will go ahead even if it's just us, the kids and a couple of guests that have already booked. If not we have a back up date for next year. Bit concerned if it does happen this year as I've planned next to nothing, I don't even have a dress! Just have to see how things go I suppose :pray:

Honestly I have the same worry with a dress. I was hoping I'd be able to get something and then make some alterations but at this point I'm not going to have time if it goes ahead this year. My bum and hips are so out of proportion to the rest of my body although I'm definitely 'big' all over. Those are just extra big!

We are booked to get married in June in Cyprus but not sure if it'll go ahead or not with covid limiting travel. We've decided if we can get there then we will go ahead even if it's just us, the kids and a couple of guests that have already booked. If not we have a back up date for next year. Bit concerned if it does happen this year as I've planned next to nothing, I don't even have a dress! Just have to see how things go I suppose :pray:

What date are you planning to marry in June? I can add you to the list. Fingers crossed we're over the worst of this Covid malarky, especially with the vaccine out.

I'm barely talking to my parents, they've never been supportive and I think it's fair to say it's actually the other way around. I keep making the effort to talk but I'm constantly shut down or ignored. Even when I told them I was in hospital on the 20th February.
OH's father and step mother made our lives hell, so I don't think I'd want them at the wedding. His Mother is a definite no. Although we do need her birth certificate as the GRO couldn't find her details to give us a copy.
His grandparents, hmm - is a possibility, but we might make the excuse that due to numbers only they're invited..

Family's are so complicated. This is exactly why we're having a very small wedding. <3

Honestly I have the same worry with a dress. I was hoping I'd be able to get something and then make some alterations but at this point I'm not going to have time if it goes ahead this year. My bum and hips are so out of proportion to the rest of my body although I'm definitely 'big' all over. Those are just extra big!

I'm the same as you.

I think I'm going to go for a corset style dress, because that way I can have the space needed for my hips and butt, but also tie it tight around my chest area. I don't want 7 inches of fabric around my chest, I want it nice and tight. Obviously those who design the sizes think if you've got hips and a butt as big as mine, you'll have like JJ breasts or something. My DD are not good enough. :rotfl:

I'll have a look into that, I don't think I've looked at Wed 2 be yet!

That all sounds amazing, Do you have a photo of the dress? If I wasn't too ashamed and embarrassed about my body, I'd share what I look like in my dress. I love the top half of it, but the middle with my stomach - yuck! <3

Best way! Do you have a month in mind you'd like to get married? I'm thankful that I was divorced in 2014 and since then I've had the decree absolute framed (not joking!).

I've got our wedding rings already, just trying to find me a dress before we get the last few little bits. I'm really hoping Covid doesn't delay our wedding. <3

Don't even get me started on how much I hate my body and how it doesn't look any different to me even after loosing ten stone! I think were all insecure when no one gives a crap apart from us.

I don't have many full length photos, as we really did have a low key wedding with just four people for rhe meal afterwards lol and no professional photographer or anything.

We've been married 2 years this year and I'm glad we didn't have a huge wedding. Its just not us xx

20210302_150840.jpg 20210302_150823.jpg 20210302_150916.jpg

Wow - you look stunning @maythe4thbewit! I was struggling to think how boots would look with a dress, absolutely rocked that look! I've got beige colour heels to wear but I think I'll be buying some white pumps / trainers for after the ceremony, comfort is everything!

I'm hoping my brother pops along as a witness, because he has a DSLR (like me) and can take some really good photographs.

What date are you planning to marry in June? I can add you to the list. Fingers crossed we're over the worst of this Covid malarky, especially with the vaccine out.

I'm barely talking to my parents, they've never been supportive and I think it's fair to say it's actually the other way around. I keep making the effort to talk but I'm constantly shut down or ignored. Even when I told them I was in hospital on the 20th February.
OH's father and step mother made our lives hell, so I don't think I'd want them at the wedding. His Mother is a definite no. Although we do need her birth certificate as the GRO couldn't find her details to give us a copy.
His grandparents, hmm - is a possibility, but we might make the excuse that due to numbers only they're invited..

Family's are so complicated. This is exactly why we're having a very small wedding. <3

It's supposed to be the 4th June so we'll go with that for now!

Ahh that's awful, I'm sorry you've got family troubles. Weddings really bring them to a head don't they, I feel like you sail through life and they're there but you live with it, then when you want to get married you realise who really isn't there for you and who doesn't get along with who. I'm very lucky that my family are very close so my parents will definitely make it regardless. I think OH's mum will too but we haven't invited his dad or sister as we haven't spoken to them in years. We've invited both of his brothers, one has said he 'doesn't fancy it' and the other is booked to come but has mentioned cancelling a few times.

Families hey :wall2:

I've added your date above <3

Tell me about it, I am ashamed to say it's because of his mother I want to disown her. She's never been there for him, he was nearly put into care if it wasn't for his grandparents taking him in and raising him. Too busy with drinking heavily and having parties.
She's not changed her life either, she then had twin girls who were taken from her and put into their fathers care.
She's now with a man that abuses her, she still stays out until god knows when drinking, then when he's drunk and smoked weed he will start fights, heavily abusive ones which her twins have to witness when they visit for the weekend. He goes our driving on false plates after he's in NO state to drive, he's a disqualified driver and driving whilst drunk and high - makes my blood boil.

We sat his mother down for 2 long hours advising her that what he's doing is wrong and her twins don't need to witness this at the tender age of 13. They're learning that his behaviour IS acceptable. :(

Guess what? She's pregnant now too. She's due a week before I'd have been if I didn't miscarry in December. Now I've miscarried again, and an alcoholic who didn't mean to get pregnant is successfully pregnant? Arghhhh, sorry for the life-story but I am FUMING and these are NOT the people I am going to have at my wedding! <3

It's supposed to be the 4th June so we'll go with that for now!

Ahh that's awful, I'm sorry you've got family troubles. Weddings really bring them to a head don't they, I feel like you sail through life and they're there but you live with it, then when you want to get married you realise who really isn't there for you and who doesn't get along with who. I'm very lucky that my family are very close so my parents will definitely make it regardless. I think OH's mum will too but we haven't invited his dad or sister as we haven't spoken to them in years. We've invited both of his brothers, one has said he 'doesn't fancy it' and the other is booked to come but has mentioned cancelling a few times.

Families hey :wall2:

Shan this was our reason for not getting married abroad. Doesn’t fancy it meant can’t afford it for lots of our guests x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back