Wedding :)

xx emma xx

Reaction score
Me and OH were originally getting married abroad next year but never booked it. We decided to look at a venue that a family friend owns and are now getting married there. Its a luxury b and b that caters just now for pre weddings. Eeeeeeeek I know its nothing to do with pregnancy but I'm all excited because it is beautiful and we will be one of the first couples to marry there next year once they have extended there venue. Xx

ahw - something else exciting to plan and look forwards to!!

I loved making all our plans for our wedding ... we had been together 11 years and then my hubby proposed and we got married 8 weeks later!

it's great you have a good few months still to look forwards to it and get excited!!! x x x

awww thats lovely! You're just right to be excited! xxx

I think I'll spend this week online looking at wedding things to keep my mind off impatiently waiting on the baby coming. X

I loved planning my wedding especially the venues. That will definitely take your mind off of the baby as there is lots to plan lol. xx

Have you got much left to organise? (for the wedding i mean?!)

Have you chosen you song for the first dance yet.. that was the last thing we were still sorting out a week before! lol!!

And our table plan took quite a while as well.. we did it ourselves and eventually decided on a movie theme of all our favourite films.. then on the computer my hubby super-imposed our faces onto the dvd film covers in place of the actors...

We had "meet the parents" for top table and others like austin powers (our first date to cinema!) and favourites like There's something about Mary. The meet the parents one makes me laugh to this day because it's my hubby wired up to the lie detector machine with my dad in the place of robert de niro!!! then there was "about a girl" with my hubby and litle girl Josie - she was 2 and a half when we got married.

i'll attach a couple... i'm so bored waiting for this baby to arrive... wish i had something like a wedding to plan for again!!!

Attachments

• final mary.jpg
    final mary.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1
  • final meet the parents.jpg
    final meet the parents.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • final bruce.jpg
    final bruce.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1
  • final aboutagirl.jpg
    final aboutagirl.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 1
  • final austin powers.jpg
    final austin powers.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1
That's great that youyve got a venue and something to keep your mind off the baby. Although if you are like me - your mind will keep going back to the baby. I am obsessed! Lol!

Have you thought of a colour scheme yet? Are there nice gardens to have photos taken?

Treeze - I love the movie themes! Especially the meet the parents one for the top table! Lol

Xx

Treeze - that's such a clever idea with the films lol.

Yip my mind does go back to the baby a lot but the wedding is helping a bit to think about that instead. I'm going for deep purple as my colour scheme and have been looking at ordering my save the dates today. I have pretty much everything to plan. I have my cake sorted though as my aunt has her own cake business and we know a photographer too who is doing our photos as a wedding gift so that is saving us money. I wish I could go out and try on wedding dresses :)
Yeah they have a lovely big garden with a fountain in the middle and the guy owns vintage wedding cars which he will put on the lawn so we can have pictures with them. I'm staying there the night before so won't go in a car so it will be nice to kid on I was with the cars in the pics haha.
No idea what to choose as our first dance song. My mind goes totally blank xxx

Treeze - that's such a clever idea with the films lol.

Yip my mind does go back to the baby a lot but the wedding is helping a bit to think about that instead. I'm going for deep purple as my colour scheme and have been looking at ordering my save the dates today. I have pretty much everything to plan. I have my cake sorted though as my aunt has her own cake business and we know a photographer too who is doing our photos as a wedding gift so that is saving us money. I wish I could go out and try on wedding dresses :)
Yeah they have a lovely big garden with a fountain in the middle and the guy owns vintage wedding cars which he will put on the lawn so we can have pictures with them. I'm staying there the night before so won't go in a car so it will be nice to kid on I was with the cars in the pics haha.
No idea what to choose as our first dance song. My mind goes totally blank xxx

Ah it sounds like a lovely place.... we stayed at our venue the night before too.. i loved knowing we were already there and it gives you more time to relax and get ready... nice idea with the pics with the cars too... we got married at a golf and country club and my sister hijacked one of the golf buggies which we had some great photies on! (in particular the one of my sis whizzing past all the guests driving it in her bridesmaids dress!)

There are so many things that people have for weddings now aren't there? At my cousins wedding recently she had a "sweetie table" just FULL of pink and white sweets (and there were no children invited either!).. the guests were going mad filling up these bags of sweets etc!! You've never seen anything like it!!! especially the oap's!

And alot of people do proper routines now for their first dance.. we considered doing a funny one but then decided it's too much pressure trying to learn something like that on top of everything else we had to sort out in 8 weeks! We went for "The Look of Love" in the end as our first dance. Although Take That "Greatest Day" and Shania Twain "from this moment" were close runners up too... i love the lyrics to that Shania Twain one but it makes me so emotional listening to it i know i would have blubbed!!!

ah weddings.. love love love them!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back