Wedding Advice Needed xx

K X

Reaction score
Hi me and dale are planning on getting married next year (or this year if we can afford it!).

How much did all your weddings cost? (if you don't mind me asking)
As we have checked out a few places and it is so expensive cheapest for meal, and everything is £10500, and with Rebecca's nursery fee's starting next month there is no way we can afford anything like that! :roll:

I want church etc, my little one will be a flower girl!! xx :dance:

Wow, couldn't afford that on a wedding either! We did ours for about £500 but that was a registry office but it was a lovely day.

Tell me about it, most of the venues charge £1500 just to hire the hall, then there's the dj etc. The meals are the biggest sting, £49 per head, then champagne and canapes whilst we get our photo's done is £14.75 per head! I did't even think we would need to entertain our guests whilst we were getting our photo's done, how daft am I?

Then a compulsory evening buffet where the minimum spend is £11.50 per head... maybe we could afford it in 2015, after our next 3 kids!! :wall:

I really wanted to get married in a place called Marriot Dalmahoy, but their cheapest package, which was basic is £14k! I think we might be heading to Gretna!xxx :dance:

do u not have ne m8s that could do some cooking to save u some money or dj etc
to save a lil money!! n if u get married l8er in the day u only have one meal, they want entertaining while u have ur pics tell em to bring some cake or summit lol and a camera to get more pics of u lol

Hi Hun....Well im the queen of cheap!
We get married in August....im so excited!
We are having a church, its a couple of hundred.....
Picture045.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

We are then hiring the village hall ( i call it the cricket club...sounds posher lol!)over the road from the church. Its £5 ph.

We are having a cold buffet at £8per head with sparkling wine and jugs of Pimms and G+T, then it will be a cheesey disco and a BBQ
Dads mate is doing the disco for a bottle of scotch! My mums friends are butchers, so will only pay for the meat, friends are doing salad stuff ie one is bringing coleslaw, one rice etc. My friends are doing a 'kids buffet' as i refuse to pay £8 for kids food. doing jelly ,cold pizza, sandwiches etc, we have decided to hire a bouncy castle as we have quite a lot of kids coming!
Photos will be taken by a friends dad, i dont like 'posey' photos so that will suit me fine.
Cake is a wedding pressie off my Aunt, having a traditional iced one, and a 3 teir chocolate one with farer rocher (sp) which will be served as pudding with the buffet.
Favours are boxes bough off net with some cocs in, they will cost us about £35.
our main expense is my dress ......This is it!!!!!
http://www.alfredangelo.co.uk/index.cfm ... 5ded5c84d6

and OH suits.
MIL is paying for flowers.
The key is to rope in as many friends to help out a possible!
If you need any further help just shout! It can be done as cheap or as expensive as you want, enjoy planning hun! xx

When my friend's little sister married instead of wedding gifts she had parts of the wedding bought instead. Someone paid for the flowers, another for the limo, someone the cake. You can save loads of money that way. At the end of the day you can have a beautiful wedding on a budget anyway especially if you have friends and family to help. You could even have a retro themed reception with a buffet with cheese and pineapple sticks and a wannabe DJ playing some cheesy records that everyone will get up and dance to. At the end of the day it is your and your OH's day and its not worth getting in debt for the sake of everyone else.

If that doesn't take your fancy me and my DH went to Vegas and our whole wedding including flights and hotel was under £2000.

My best mate got married in a registry office in Brighton and we all then went to an outdoor pub for the day (it was good weather) it was fantastic and everyone was lovely and she had such a fuss made of her in her wedding dress! They then spent a romantic night in the Grand Hotel.

See K I am sure you can come up with something and have a great day and will probably be something really different and special! Good luck and let us know what you do in the end. :D

Now that is cheap, YOur not the only one is struggling to find money to get married this year me and my OH decieded this date when we first got engaged. we have my nan making our wedding cake, my aunt making the wedding cards, my dress i got from monsoon for 250 and i can wear it after, got the kids brides maides dress one from adams and the other one from mother care so that came to 50 pounds got my shoes from BHS in town on sale 12 pounds, and making my own favours which are so cheap to do. We are finding that cars and photographers are the most experencives and OH suite looked at them starting from 60 pounds so what we might do is fine a nice suit for him to wear and he can keep it for another time.

Just need to look around hun, i know places are really expensives, we are getting married in registery office have no idea of venue but going to be in evening so just having buffett and having it on a thursday so it makes it cheaper too.

Hi am planning my wedding for next year and cant belive the cost so far, its spiralling a little
my dress was £600 (still got to do veil tiara shoes underwear)
bridesmaid £160 each (i got four and my fiances sister has puled out so lost that money.)
Hall for hire £2120 from 11am to 1am i could not believe the price but its an old victorian country manour croxteth hall park
Still havent got the price for the food yet but they guessed the day time would be £2500ish for 80 guests
My mum wanted me to have a horse and carrige and she is paying for that its £400 for the whole day
My fiances mum and dad wanted to have a piper so they are paying for that
Still got the night time buffet to do flowers,
cake, the band (blues brothers type again fiances choice)
suit hire for husband to be best man my brother who is giving me away and the flower girls dress and 2page boys suits,
oh and the car to take the brides maid,
oh and the hall decorations and table centre piece things
and this was supposed to be a simple wedding :think:
It may be a touch out of control now i look at it.

It never works the way you first imagine, it seems never ending but worth it
this probably hasnt helped sorry
hope you have a lovely wedding and get exactly the wedding you want
Pam xx

We are haivng a registry office, then the brittannia hotel after and that charges £1950 but that includes:

Room hire
Red Carpet Arrival for the Bride & Groom
Wedding Breakfast for 30 guests
Glass of House Wine with the Meal
Sparkling Wine Toast Drink
Cake Stand & Knife
Colour Co-ordinated Napkins
Personalised Menu Cards
Name Cards & Seating Plan
Evening Buffet for 100 Guests
DJ
Complimentary Bridal Suite
Accommodation at discounted rates for family and friends

I am having 4 bridesmaids, and with the cars, photographer etc mine is coming to £5500.

No chance i could afford to pay over that, i am not getting in debt to get married, my brother paid £16,000 for his and he says paying the debt back as caused so many arguements that it isn't worth it. Do it to your means.

Hels we must have posted at the same time, your wedding dress is gorgeous!

Stuarts grandad gave us £500 for ours (church wedding), but we did call in a LOT of favours that people owed us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back