wedding in USA

surfgirl

Reaction score
My partner and I want to go to California and get married, and would like some ideas on where to start! Has anybody here done this and could give some advice? I was thinking of booking a holiday and wedding ceremony with virgin? The brochure looks really good. Please post if you have married abroad and could point me in the right direction!

OOOOOOOHHHHH that sounds fab, you been to travel agents and enquired yet?

before i discovered this forum and got addicted i was addicted to weddingforum.co.uk, you should get loads of info on there its like this forum where everyone is really helpful. we are planning to get married in 2008, we want a baby first though, thats the plan anyway!! good luck xx

Hi I got married in Vegas which is a bit different but I got all the info off the net. I can't tell you how stress free and amazing it was just going off and doing it in another country! My friends got married in Bali and also did it as a package like Virgin, everything was organised for them and I've seen the video and it looked heavenly!

Jaidybaby, I ordered several brochures on the internet to look at! Virgin looks the best I think, they have loads of destinations to choose from.

Rusks, that forum is great! I have been on it in the past but forgot it existed.Will have to go on it again for some help. I was thinking the opposite to you, and getting married whilst we are free and without the responsibility. Depends though whether the baby happened inbetween as it takes time to plan the wedding doesn't it?! :) Oh, I'm just so impatient, I want everything like yesterday :doh:

Skatty, that sounds great! What sort of ceremony and location did you choose in Vegas? Do you know if it possible to organise a wedding direct in the US without a tour operator?

Vegas is a bit different, basically you can go there get a marriage license and then get straight into a waiting limo that will take you to a chapel! we organised ours beforehand with WWW.vivalasvegasweddings.com. They have all sorts of packages so you can have have as much fuss as you want. It was fun being picked up in a limo from our hotel and we got married in an outside gazebo with fairy lights in the bushes, photographer was included and your family can watch over the net! After the limo dropped us off at a restaurant and then we went drinking and gambling! So much fun! It was just me , my DH and two american friends were our witnesses but you can even get people to do that for you!

That sounds really cool, just my cup of tea! I'm one for having an adventure without lots of fuss. We both want to do it alone as we wouldn't want lots of attention. I have an enormous family!

I will look at the website you mentioned and see what's on offer. Thanks for that Skatty. 8)

It sounds like it could be perfect for you then. You can even fly in a helicopter and get married at the Grand Canyon! :D

Skatty, did you book your holiday before arranging the wedding on the website? Just wondering about late wedding bookings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back