Wedding 09/09/09, need advice if you can.

MissSara

Reaction score
So this is the date we have to get married, which i always wanted, and its also my 25th birthday, it will be a special date for us. And we just have to go and finalise everything on the 16th April at the travel agents, and pick the exact place and discuss all the details that i need reassurance on.

Anyway this is where some of you can help me as i have heard a few stories of weddings abroad.
We have decided on Cyprus (its cheaper than seychelles for the whole family) And we are having our honeymoon in the seychelles alone.

We have paid our deposits but we now have an appointment on the 16th to look at the new brouchure to see if we have everything covered. I'm wanting a beach or garden wedding but in the brouchure it all looks as if its chapels???? anyone had a beach wedding in cyprus???? and if so could you name the place.

I just want to make sure that i cover everything i have heard a few horror stories about it not being legal in england when we get home, if this is the case we dont mind having a blessing when we get home. But if any of you have any advice for me or things i should ask the travel agent on the 16th, please let me know.... thanks.

I know you have to be resident in Cyprus for 4 days before you can marry but they normally cover that with you starting your holiday a week before the wedding.

The only thing i'd double check with your booking agent is they can guarantee that date for you. My cousin has just booked and they said to her that they can only ever guarantee that it'll be that date but it can be moved to the day before and after and you won't find out until you arrive which date you have definately got. (ie for yours they will say 09/09/09 but may move to either 08/09/09 or 10/09/09 once you get there) Thats not to say your booking agent will do it that way but maybe worth checking.

Good luck :hug:

Hi

I found this link on a wedding forum I used loads when I was planning my wedding last year http://www.nissi-beach.com/article.php?id=339

It looks amazing!

I don't know anything about the legal bits but I'm sure your travel agent will be able to advise you on everything!

Happy Planning!

Lou x

Don't go to Ayia Napa. Its known for its topless beaches and also now has a real loud rowdy reputation. A shame as years ago it was a gem of a place that wasn't ruined by the clubbers etc.

Although Wikipedia lists Harbour Beach there as a 'family and relaxing beach'

Have you checked on the wedding overseas websites for info?

My friend got married in Cyprus and she is a member of the forum... maybe PM her..... Makka P is her forum ID

louxlouxbellex said:
Hi

I found this link on a wedding forum I used loads when I was planning my wedding last year http://www.nissi-beach.com/article.php?id=339

It looks amazing!

I don't know anything about the legal bits but I'm sure your travel agent will be able to advise you on everything!

Happy Planning!

Lou x

Thanks girls, this is one of the many we have been looking at actually.
No i know better than Ayia Napa seem i was once one of those topless girls and a rowdy clubber on a clun 18-30.........lmao. Maybe a hen night there would be fab though.

i'm still have to dig up more info as i want the day to be perfect.

Cant help any but wanted to say congrats!! Im getting married next October! (here in England though) :cheer:

I think Cyprus has the same rules as Spain... where to be officially married you have to be married in a church or town hall.. then you can have a further ceremony on the beach at a later date... but I'm not sure... :think:

Hi Miss Sara... :wave: i dont know about weddings abroad, but just wanted to say youve got same plan as me!!

im getting married 10/10/10 and its my 32nd birthday!!
lol

CONGRATS!!!
hope you get the abroad wedding you want!! :hug:

When we went to Cyprus in 05 we saw a wedding on Nissi Beach. They were getting married in a what looked like a white gazebo.

we got married in Prague 3 years ago. Whate ever you do splash out on photos and video cos not everyone will be able to make it if you are abroard (we only had a few friends and NO FAMILY thank goodness).

Sandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back