weaning poo!

mikid

Reaction score
Hi ladies, been giving Ella purees for a few weeks now and she's loved it, tried loads of things and she's not turned her nose up at anything, hopefully it'll carry on and we won't end up at the other extreme!

My question is as the title suggests... About poo! She's currently having breakfast and lunch with water and 4x 6oz bottles of milk throughout the day and her poos are like proper grown up looking already. I imagined them to still be a bit loose until she was on three proper meals although that may just be my naieivety (sp)?

Does this sound normal or are they too solid for now? Also, when nappy is on its as though the nappy is stopping her going properly and they are smaller but more often, but if nappy is off, we have proper log action (sorry if tmi!) :shock:

Sounds normal to me hun, ella was the same :)

Thanks hun, its just a little disturbing seeing such a grown up poo coming from such a tiny bottom!!

I know :lol: ! Much easier to clean up tho :) although wait til they start stinking like grown up poo :sick:

Definitely easier to clean up :)
Hmm... Already started to pong so not looking forward to full on meat and dairy bum Haha!

Oscars doing 'normal' poos now too. And omg so much easier to clean up lol :dance:

Aw my LO the same! It's awful he has proper adult poo but smaller obv and so uncomfy for him! I've tried everything more water prunes orange lots fruit and veg abd still same :-( other night he was unsettled abd when I lifted out of XOR his pop was that hard I could feel big hard lump in nappy! Not nice

Aw my LO the same! It's awful he has proper adult poo but smaller obv and so uncomfy for him! I've tried everything more water prunes orange lots fruit and veg abd still same :-( other night he was unsettled abd when I lifted out of XOR his pop was that hard I could feel big hard lump in nappy! Not nice

Have you tried a tummy massage? Oscar seemed really grumbly and uncomfortable last night and it seemed like he was trying to poo so I did the sun and moon massage. It never makes a poo appear for him but it really helps to relax him and he went to sleep soon after. I always use a bit of bio-oil or cocoa butter body lotion.

This is the one I learnt and Oz loves it now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vseuKsNGmXs

xxx

i got the biggest shock of my life when i opened lo's nappy and he's done a "big boy" poo... it was huge! i showed oh i was that in shock! lol (he thought i was a minger!) but anyway more often than not they are huge and solid, although with teething lately theyve been a bit more runny & i find sometimes when i introduce new foods, they can be a bit runny... for example i did a bolognese, with garlic and i dont think it agreed with him as his poo was really runny!!!!!!!

Have you tried a tummy massage? Oscar seemed really grumbly and uncomfortable last night and it seemed like he was trying to poo so I did the sun and moon massage. It never makes a poo appear for him but it really helps to relax him and he went to sleep soon after. I always use a bit of bio-oil or cocoa butter body lotion.

xxx

I would also suggest massage, Ella funds it really soothing, we do the 'i love you's massage (also on you tube) which gets things moving if she's a bit bunged up :)

i got the biggest shock of my life when i opened lo's nappy and he's done a "big boy" poo... it was huge! i showed oh i was that in shock! lol (he thought i was a minger!) but anyway more often than not they are huge and solid, although with teething lately theyve been a bit more runny & i find sometimes when i introduce new foods, they can be a bit runny... for example i did a bolognese, with garlic and i dont think it agreed with him as his poo was really runny!!!!!!!

It's mad how your child's poo is now such a form of amusement, I've been telling friends all day about Ellas grown up poos!

Am a bit nervous about introducing garlic as when I ate it and breastfed her shed get really bad trapped wind, sounds like garlic might be a bit troublesome all round?!

Ella-rose loves garlic but then has garlic breath the rest of the day :lol:

Ah, little baby garlic breath! I LOVE garlic so the smell doesn't bother me at all. And I'm sure its supposed to be good for building up your inundated system? Will try her with it at some point but maybe wait a little longer do her tummy can deal with it a bit better :)

The girls have helped you already, but just to say I think I moved Devon on too fast from 2 meals to 3 meals, as he was hungry and loving it, within 2 weeks of going to 2 meals. and he got wayyyy too bunged up, so recomend upping it more gradually than I did!

Thanks hun, we started once a day just after 4 months, been on 2 a day for about 3 weeks and not sure yet when to introduce a tea time meal... Thought about this weekend but might leave it a bit longer just to make sure she's definitely ready! She doesn't seem as hungry in the afternoons yet so that's obviously telling me something :)

xxx

Gosh I forgot about baby m that's def worth a try thanks :)

The girls have helped you already, but just to say I think I moved Devon on too fast from 2 meals to 3 meals, as he was hungry and loving it, within 2 weeks of going to 2 meals. and he got wayyyy too bunged up, so recomend upping it more gradually than I did!

That's interesting and very true! When I think about it that's when my LO became constipated :-(

OMG Oz did a poo while I was changing him earlier. He'd already done one and so had his nappy off and cleaning his bot and I noticed his bum tensing, waited a minute and he did a poo. Honestly it was like a playdoh (sp?) machine lmao

Bless him, it was a proper little sausage that came out hehe xxxxx

OMG Oz did a poo while I was changing him earlier. He'd already done one and so had his nappy off and cleaning his bot and I noticed his bum tensing, waited a minute and he did a poo. Honestly it was like a playdoh (sp?) machine lmao

Bless him, it was a proper little sausage that came out hehe xxxxx

haha, love it :lol: it's vile, but cant help but watch :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back