Being sick after milk feeds

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Poppy has never been a sicky baby - until now. Since we started weaning her, she'll often throw up after her milk feeds. She's never sick after she's eaten actual food, it's only her milk. We're definitely not over-feeding her; we're doing mixed BLW and TW and she's still not actually eating a great deal and is only on 2 meals a day at the moment, she is swallowing some as I can see it in her nappy, but compared to most 6.5month olds she's not eating a lot.

Any ideas why she's being sick? Like I say, she's never been a sicky baby, it's only recently.

how much is she throwing up? my lo sometimes doesn't throw up any, sometimes a bit, i have put it down to food (she doesn't eat a lot either) hanging around in her tummy for longer, taking up some of the space? or maybe the milk reacting a bit more with different foods causing a bit of wind to come back up?

My daughter is similar in age to Poppy. Admittedly she was a really bokey baby but that passed. She too has recently started to throw up but almost simultaneously she has also dropped from 3 to just 2 bottles a day.

I genuinely don't think it is anything for you to worry about. What is her daily eating routine? This is my LO's:

7 8oz bottle

10.30 breakfast

13.30 lunch

4.30/5 Dinner

6/6.30 8oz bottle

With the drop of the lunchtime bottle she has stopped throwing up - but I expect she will again at some point. I think it just happens as their wee stomachs get used to the food

It varies - sometimes she throws up a tiny amount, and a few times she's thrown up what looks like the entire bottle.

Her routine is:

8.00-ish 7oz bottle

10.00-ish Breakfast

1.00ish 7oz bottle

- we've only recently started giving her lumpy purees as we were BLW but for a few reasons decided to move her onto purees as well as giving finger food, so she's not quite on three meals a day yet, though every few days I'll give her a small amount of food at lunchtime.

5.30ish Dinner

7.30ish Last milk feed of the day

^ That's a random routine really. She doesn't really have a set feeding routine, I feed her milk on demand and always have, so sometimes she'll want more sometimes she'll want less.
I'll see how she gets on, like you say, she may just be getting used to all the different foods.

It sounds like you are managing the problem well so far. At one point I wondered if my lo simply just didn't know when she is full?

My lo has now stopped bringing up milk and is occasionally sick after her lunch or dinner, again I think is simply down to her having eaten more than her wee stomach can hold.

As Poppy is being fed on demand at least you have the peace of mind that she is actually genuinely hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back