Weaning / Milk Dropping

bethanyann

Reaction score
Before I start, just want to say that I know babies need formula/breast milk up until they are one, and I know I started weaning early (17 weeks) But I'm just after a lil bit of a comparison/info if that's okay?

I've been weaning Eva for a while, she is currently having one fruit pop and about 1 and a half Ella's pouches per day (i do normally make her food fresh, but if she is having pouches, that's the amount she has) Before I started weaning, she was taking 30-32oz of formula a day, the past week she has been having 22-27oz per day as well as 4oz of water. Is this okay? How quickly do they drop milk? How quickly should I start giving her more food?

Any advice would be fab xx

i was wondering this as amelia loves food and not keen on milk but she as never drunk a lot any way but im just taking her lead i make her porridge up with her milk and if her veg needs thining out use formula i also make sure she has a yoghurt a day to up her calcium in take but im just going eith her lead really x

I'd like to know too... just started weaning and Isla seems to be drinking slightly less milk already. She has never drunk much milk so doesn't need to drop too much!

Charley's only just dropped a bottle, his 4.30pm bottle so I've been giving him his tea around 4.15pm instead.
I never knew how much food I'm suppose to give so went with however much charley wanted and luckily he's still keen on his milk too. He has around 21oz's a day and has food and bottles around 2 hours apart I.e bottle at 10 then food at 12, bottle at 2 etc

Tegans never drank much milk But has dropped to 20oz a day lunch and tea. i try to add milk to her food But she can't have yogurts as she's Lactose intolerant x

I dont know whether Paige is getting enough milk but she won't take more so I just go with it. She has a morning bottle which can range from 5-8oz depending on how shes feeling. Ive started using formula in her morning porridge instead of whole milk, so thats another 4oz and then bfore bed she'll have anothing from 4-7oz. If shes not feeling too good or shes tired, meaning a little off her food, Ill offer her a midday bottle of about 3-4oz but she doesnt usually want more than 2oz.

I just go with the flow to be honest. :/

Just to add, I start straight away on 3 meals a day too x x

I still can't get Tegan to have any food at breakfast time! any suggestions? x

What have you tried with her? Isla likes the museli, banana porridge and apple cereal. Does she need something lactose free? Forgive me for not knowing much about it. X

I give charley muesli with a fruit pot mixed in, fruity porridge or toast
Can she have butter? I'm like Emma, I don't know what you can give her

Just to add, I start straight away on 3 meals a day too x x

I still can't get Tegan to have any food at breakfast time! any suggestions? x

What have you tried with her? Isla likes the museli, banana porridge and apple cereal. Does she need something lactose free? Forgive me for not knowing much about it. X

Yeah needs to be Lactose free. i've tried weetabix with some Bannana in it and Bannana porridge and she doesn't like either xx

I give charley muesli with a fruit pot mixed in, fruity porridge or toast
Can she have butter? I'm like Emma, I don't know what you can give her

i've found a dairy free butter and she likes bread and butter so think i'll try toast tomorrow! she doesn't seem to have a very big appetite at all xx

hmmm i dont know what to suggest as i havent come across my lo wont eat she will always turn her nose up and spit first two mouthfuls out but after that she eats it fine

I think charley's just a pig! I'll give him 7oz's when we get up but after 15mins he crying for food in the morning!
He's over 18lb already and nearly in 9-12mth clothes!
Is it dairy you've got to be careful with?

I've found that Isla likes to feed herself! If I go near her with a spoon she clams up but if I offer it her she feeds herself. I assumed she wasn't hungry when in fact she is becoming independent!

I've found that Isla likes to feed herself! If I go near her with a spoon she clams up but if I offer it her she feeds herself. I assumed she wasn't hungry when in fact she is becoming independent!

Tegans very independent and loves feeding herself, clever little girls x yeah Chaz it is dairy bloody awkward x

What kind of thing have u tried for breakfat so far?
Lo was taking about 40ozs a day! Piglet lol. Now he takes 3 meals he drinks about.. 20 ish ozs on average? 24 at v most. Some days only about 15. I think wen they get used to their meals they will adjust an let u no how much they want. X

ZMD - hi im lactose intolerant, you can buy a whole cows milk with no lactose in if that will help... its called lactofree and they sell it in most asdas and tescos. If you google it, they have a website and there is loads of products that they do, bt you would have to check if they r ok sugar wise etc for ur LO, i have no clue as not weaning yet ! bt they have really helped me since they came out cos b4 that it was just soya or goats and thats not fun for any1 ! lol ! hope that helps and i hope u see this x

ZMD - hi im lactose intolerant, you can buy a whole cows milk with no lactose in if that will help... its called lactofree and they sell it in most asdas and tescos. If you google it, they have a website and there is loads of products that they do, bt you would have to check if they r ok sugar wise etc for ur LO, i have no clue as not weaning yet ! bt they have really helped me since they came out cos b4 that it was just soya or goats and thats not fun for any1 ! lol ! hope that helps and i hope u see this x

Thanks for this Hun! i did buy some off the alpro soya yoghurts LO loves them! does the Lactose free milk taste ok? i think i'll use it to cook with for her as she doesn't like her formula in anything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back