Weaning-am I bad??

Formula stinks so bad, but god it tastes goooooood lol. My LO refuses to take it but I'm trying to get him off the boob so keep offering it and always have a taste lol It's so sweet!

your doing great Lexi, and sounds like all the babies are moving on nicely.
I think be guided as you are by Sophia, she will move on at her pace. Every baby is different be guided by them as well as the HV.

I waited till 16 weeks 4mths) but he had no sign of needing it and I planned to wait upto 6mths to wean, (happy to start earlier if needed as my other kids weaned at 4 months as was the advice then ). But I agree with you, Devon too then started waking at 3 to 4am starving. I tried controlled crying but can't do for long as his cot is too near the boys (near our doorway in our room), don't want to wake them too. He will stuff a full boobie feed and go back to sleep or if later 5am, we just get up then.

He has baby porrige with boobie milk first thing like 7am, orif too hungry, we do a bit of BF first then stop wind and then have porrige (to take the edge of his hunger). then onto or finish with milk

we don't have lunch, but did today as he was starving and had missed a midmorning feed due to my kids activities and walking back. we had some weaning yoghurt by "plum"

we do have a good tea, 3 x tiny ice cube of food in different flavours. He is 4 and a half months now and it does seem like we have moved quickly but he is enjoying his food.

We now have tried , baby poridge with EBM milk, carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, banana, spinich (mixed with EBM milk!), then the weaning yoghurts, (just small amount). Then apple, and then chicken casserole , (recipe same as adult one really, printed on the baby chicken stock cubes box (tastes yum). Then we tried blueberry puree to add to the baby poridge to make it a bit more exciting after 2 weeks! he loved it.

I am trying lots of variety earlier than I did many years ago to keep him on his toes! I never did try some of these things last time either so trying more with Devon. I always try him two days on the trot on same taste and have been moving on and freezing.

Here are a few piccys , inc his first spinich eating!!

Someone asked re the highchair thing, We are just using bouncy seat, covered by towel as he is messy and its fabric covered!!

Attachments

• Beaker.JPG
    Beaker.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 1
  • food cubes.JPG
    food cubes.JPG
    363.3 KB · Views: 3
  • spinich.JPG
    spinich.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 1
What the reason for holding off on weaning until 6 months? I'm guessing the 4 month bit is because if digestion development etc

My brother and I were in baby rice from 16 weeks apparently as we were hungry babes. So my mum is o the opinion tht babies are ready for solids when they are ready, and therefore stuff the hvs that keep saying keep bfing/formula feed for as long as poss. When they say things like this I kinda wanna say, umm here look free my baby for 24 hours and see how much sleep you get, how much you can do for yourself in the day, and how much you can see my baby I ready for more milk/sleep/play time/solids etc etc. Sometimes advice is useless from people who are not ping through the same problems right then and there cos years later we tend to develop Rose tinted glades and forget what out babes were really like! Lol

Good on you lexi for soon what you thinks right and well done Sophia for doing so well on weaning!xx

I think be guided as you are by Sophia, she will move on at her pace. Every baby is different be guided by them as well as the HV.

I waited till 16 weeks 4mths) but he had no sign of needing it and I planned to wait upto 6mths to wean, (happy to start earlier if needed as my other kids weaned at 4 months as was the advice then ). But I agree with you, Devon too then started waking at 3 to 4am starving. I tried controlled crying but can't do for long as his cot is too near the boys (near our doorway in our room), don't want to wake them too. He will stuff a full boobie feed and go back to sleep or if later 5am, we just get up then.

He has baby porrige with boobie milk first thing like 7am, orif too hungry, we do a bit of BF first then stop wind and then have porrige (to take the edge of his hunger). then onto or finish with milk

we don't have lunch, but did today as he was starving and had missed a midmorning feed due to my kids activities and walking back. we had some weaning yoghurt by "plum"

we do have a good tea, 3 x tiny ice cube of food in different flavours. He is 4 and a half months now and it does seem like we have moved quickly but he is enjoying his food.

We now have tried , baby poridge with EBM milk, carrot, parsnip, sweet potato, banana, spinich (mixed with EBM milk!), then the weaning yoghurts, (just small amount). Then apple, and then chicken casserole , (recipe same as adult one really, printed on the baby chicken stock cubes box (tastes yum). Then we tried blueberry puree to add to the baby poridge to make it a bit more exciting after 2 weeks! he loved it.

I am trying lots of variety earlier than I did many years ago to keep him on his toes! I never did try some of these things last time either so trying more with Devon. I always try him two days on the trot on same taste and have been moving on and freezing.

Someone asked re the highchair thing, We are just using bouncy seat, covered by towel as he is messy and its fabric covered!!

What's the ice cube stuff? I mean umm, what do I mean (lol), what you doing?! Do you make food up and freeze it to eat frozen....or, I don't know an or I haven't seen this before! Lol

What's the ice cube stuff? I mean umm, what do I mean (lol), what you doing?! Do you make food up and freeze it to eat frozen....or, I don't know an or I haven't seen this before! Lol

it's just to correctly portion them you numpty :rotfl:

it's just to correctly portion them you numpty :rotfl:

Ohhhh ahahahha! Omg there are certain portion amounts! How clueless am I!

So this isn't frozen food...you just pop the foods in a tray so the baby gets the right amount?! Te-he how thick am I! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back