how and when to wean off a bottle??

flexilexi394

Reaction score
hey!

Sofia is now 9months (in a few days) still no teeth (3 have poked through completely just not looking like full on teeth iykwim) and she chokes like mad on the next cup!

she gets fed up if i put her milk in it as she drinks too fast and it goes everywhere or she just chokes! but i know shes going to start getting teeth so im guessing i need her off bottles soon. she takes water from a beaker, and chokes but drinks it!

anyone got any top tips?xxx

Charley's 12 months now and still has his milk from a bottle and he has 9 teeth.
Just keep trying her with it, charley has juice from a cup no problem but he won't take milk from a cup, he loves his bottles too much

ahh thanks! hopefully she will just decide that she doesnt want them at some point! xx

Now Isla will drink from a bottle she loves it too but will drink a full cup of milk from a tommee tippee beaker or the avent ones. It's took months of trying though x

2 Weeks ago Tegan refused to drink her bottle so the next night i put her milk in a tommee tippie cup and she Drunk it all, she hasn't had a bottle since! x

I'm a bad mam herbie still has his, and my other two where over 2 when the stopped having a bottle for bed, I'm not very good a these stopping things there my babies lol

I'm the same lanny, Lacey still had her bottle of milk at bedtimes until she was about 2 and she still has a cup of milk now at bedtimes.
Charley's still on 3 bottles a day and I still cradle him in my arms to give him it just like a baby! Lol

Thanks Chaz that makes me feel better lol, dolly stopped her dummy and bottle together and was really good and understood so we had no crying, I'm in no rush lol

What about one of these cups where they actually have to suck the water/milk through

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/explora_easy_drink_cup_6m/

I tried Oz with some milk from it and it worked ok. He's fine with a sippy cup with water, but with milk I didn't want it free flowing and going everywhere! He got the milk out fine from the beaker, but only 1/2 and only once!! He don't want to stop booby feeding, even though he won't be able to reach with a bump in the way soon!!!

my lo is 1 and still has his milk twice a day in a bottle and he has 6 teeth, only 4 are fully fledged teeth lol the others are poking. im not really in any rush to stop this, as its part of his bedtime routine and like comfort iykwim. he has water and juice throughout the day in his beaker.

Last edited:
I'm a bad mam herbie still has his, and my other two where over 2 when the stopped having a bottle for bed, I'm not very good a these stopping things there my babies lol

youre not a bad mum lol i think i will be the same!!!!

Lo is 11 months, has two bottles a day, breakfast and bed and juice the rest of the day but only will drink.out of a bottle, tried 4 beakers, no joy, he wouldn't even take juice out of his bottles he uses for milk, he saw his cousin drinking out of a bottle full of juice and stole it and will only drink out of that, he still only has 2 teeth though so I'm not too bothered yet x

Try a soft straw cup instead of a sippy, lanna doesnt get on atall with sippy cups but will drink anythin from her straw cup

maria 1977 - ive tried that exact cup, same outcome! so frustrating!
cheers kat i saw one the other day in tesco with the straw type thing, i wonder if she would like that better.
It makes me feel a lot better that some of your LO's are still having bottles! I was paniking that she was too old to still be on bottles! makes me feel a lot better! xx

i deffo dont think shes too old for a bottle hun! shes not even 1 yet! like i said, my lo will prob still be having a bottle this time next year!

I wouldn't worry for now lexi, she's still very young to be weaned off completely. Drake is 1 and is still on 2 bottles a day. I think give her to 1 and see how she goes. Xx

Oh and Chaz, I still cradle drake like a baby too :lol:

I defo don't think she's too old for a bottle, Oz would be on a bottle if he would take one but he hasn't since he was a few months old! I would be happy with him on a bottle til 2 or 3 yrs tho if he was happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back