We finally did it!

DarcyHodge

Reaction score
After six months we finally cracked it, I'm praying this baby sticks and grows and I'm also hoping there is just the one in there.
The top two test have went faint as they are old now but they were fmu and did have faint lines the bottom test is today a random afternoon pee after I've drank loads and it showed up in 2mins so I'm taking it as a bfp, my friend is off to get me a digital with the weeks on it.
Ahhhhhhhh so happy.
Congratulations to all others with bfps and baby dust to those still trying x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 111
Oh wow that's a really good line for an afternoon wee!!! Massive congratulations to you ❤ xxx

Thanks that's what I thought. So excited just hope it grows into a healthy baby x

Oh wow! Massive congrats to you!!! Xxx

I got my better lines in the afternoon because I drank too much at night which meant morning sample was hella weak.

Congratulations. Perhaps the jealously of pregnant people will start to fade now and you'll see what all the fuss is about being pregnant now. :p (from previous thread)..

Congrats again hope it's a sticky.

xxxx

Haha I know, I think that had faded recently the moany pregnant friend had become less moany so I kept forgetting she was pregnant :) and my best friend who is pregnant found out she is having a boy and a girl I'm so excited for her.
Thanks everyone xx

It's nice to share the journey with friends
Plus if they are ahead sometimes you get some good freebies from them :lol:

xxxx

Freebies would be good except she is living in Germany at the moment. There is a jack and Jill market in my local leisure centre every month to scope out some bargains xx

Oh I'm from Scotland too. I've got tonnes from there.
Alot new. I'm going to get my last bits end of august. Go early for the better stuff.

xxxxx

Thanks for the advice I nearly asked where in Scotland till I saw it said Clydebank, I'm gonna wait till after 12week scan before I even look at things except Pinterest I have had a bloody nursery and baby board for about two years now xx

Yeah I did that. Plus you can't show interest on their Facebook page unless your not keeping your news quiet lol.

Yeah clydebank just near singer train station.

I am just at the stage of starting the nursery. I was super organised first time. This time I'm waiting until I stop work to do the boys room. Pintrest is fab.

xxxx

The only thing I've done is managed to clear out my back room, it had become a dumping ground for everything from when we moved in (4years ago lol)
I'm not sure when to tell people I've told my bestie and I have a feeling my oh will tell his wee bro tomorrow which I don't mind I told him I would rather someone new this early so if things don't go to plan we both have someone for support other than each other. When did you tell parents? I know everyone else it will be after scan x

First time round I told people abut 7w because we told my mum who then wanted to tell family so this time I kept it quiet from everyone until scan at 14w and it's flew in.

I felt like it dragged on first time and it didn't help that I went overdue. I found out at 5w last time and 3w this time and this pregnancy has still been quicker lol.

We told friends and family 14w and the rest of the world after 20w like on fb etc. We just basically gave parents little gift boxes with scan photos and dummy inside with a wee tag to each and Jackson presented them then on facebook I had Jackson announcing via video.

Sometimes you just need to tell someone though. I get that.

xxxx

Ok so onto another note I have like a million questions first off what happens with your first docs appointment I've not phoned yet, need to wait for a top up on my phone. I get such bad anxiety over the thought of a blood test can they take blood from another place other than the inside of your elbow it really freaks me out to the stage of full blown hospitalised panic attacks. I don't have a fear of needles or pain it's just this weird thing with the inside of my elbow. Also does my oh need to come to first appointment? Xx

The first appointment is a bit pointless really. They usually just congratulate you and tell you to arrange a booking in appointment with the midwife or tell you to do it with reception. They don't normally do a blood test, they just take your word for it if you've done a hpt. I'm going to call and see if I can just skip the docs appt and arrange a booking in appointment straight away xx

Ahh ok yeah my friend told me that I should make sure and ask for a booking in appointment with midwife.
When are you due timtam? I've joined the march mummy's facebook but edd is actually April fools.

Ahh ok yeah my friend told me that I should make sure and ask for a booking in appointment with midwife.
When are you due timtam? I've joined the march mummy's facebook but edd is actually April fools.

Yeah it's a bit of an anticlimax going to the docs, you'd think they'd do a quick test to confirm but they don't. I suppose its because hpts are so accurate these days and they don't want to waste money doing blood tests.

From what I've worked out so far about 28th March but I'm sure it will end up arriving on April fools! lol :lol:

Lol yeah that's what I'm thinking with mine an April fools prank baby, we'll I phoned and just asked for a booking in apt with wife and have got one for Friday I'm so nervous about this blood test but I suppose it needs to be done. Xx

In Scotland it's a booking centre. The number will be online or if you just phone your gp and ask to be put through to community mw they will give you the number.

But I phoned the MW contact centre at 4w and got both my booking appointment and first scan date over the phone. It's how they do most things within the nhs in Scotland now everything is appointment or booking centred.

I didn't even bother with my GP this time round as they don't do anything. Make sure you are on vitamin d and folic acid and your rocking until booking. My booking was at 8w this time then scan at 13w.

OH should come to booking as it has both of your medical history questions but if you go to gp it's literally gp saying congrats make an appt with MW take folic acid and vitamin d. We are naturally deficient in Scotland.. I then got multi bits at the booking which had both folic and vitamin d in..

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back