We are sort of stopping TTC

Eveadel

Reaction score
As you know we have actively been TTC since Jan 08. We were due to go to our first referral appt on Thursday, we have postponed it til April 09.

We have decided to stop actively drinking grapefruit juice, taking flaxeed oil, cutting down on drinking coffee, BDing around OV, not moving for 30 minutes after BDing, using ovulation tests and symptom spotting, not going on holiday. It was getting abit to much.

I will keep popping on here just to see how you are all getting on but we are just going to get on with normal life and see what happens.

Thanks to you all for your great support and a huge 1 ton pile of baby dust to everyone :hug:

Oh I am sorry to hear that. :hug: Though I know what you mean about stopping getting on with live. I had pretty much given up. I drank more alcohol while on holiday over new year, than I had for the 6months before due to TTC. I got in contact with the local hockey club (we haven't long moved house to a new area) and arranged myself a hockey match... then I got my BFP. I had to contact the captain and say really sorry I can't now play. Thankfully she was understanding and maybe this time next year I will get back out on the pitch again.

I do feel a bit guilty about the amount of wine I drank in during the 2 ww, but I am trying not to think about it, and I am praying that all is OK when I finally get a scan.

Ah, just you wait, once you stop it'll happen and you'll be on here in a month or so with a bfp!!!

I know what you mean, it does all get a bit much doesn't it and becomes all consuming.

Good luck hun :hug:

HannahD said:
Ah, just you wait, once you stop it'll happen and you'll be on here in a month or so with a bfp!!!

I know what you mean, it does all get a bit much doesn't it and becomes all consuming.

I agree with Hannah.

Take good care if yourself hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes you are all probably right.

I am going to chill out!!! I am also looking to buy a foal!!

HannahD said:

Agree also :hug:

Take care of yourself and hope to see you with your BFP soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

good luck :)
have heard of a few people who stopped trying and got pg!

Good luck hun and hope you get your bfp soon x x x x x :hug: :hug:

As soon as we stopped trying I got my BFP. It was the one month we didn't chart, use ovulation kit and bd every other day. In fact we only BD'd a couple of times that month as OH was on business trip and I was away for a wk. We had one drunken night of passion :oops: , non of the legs in the air, waiting for 30mins after, just straight forward fun and we made a baby. Now we're TTC baby no. 2 I have made a concious decision to enjoy myself and not put on too much pressure.

Good luck :hug:

After ages of unsuccessful TCC attempts for our first, we gave up conciously TCC. Although there was deep sadness inside, it was a relief to not be constantly thinking about BD, OV, CM, BFNs, BFPs, POAS, AF, sore (.)(.) (the abbreviations and symptom spotting can go on and on!), taking potions (cough mixture and flaxseed oil) and checking temps/cm. As a result of the whole unsuccessful TCC, I stopped feeling human...just depressed, angry, disappointed, feeling like a victim and like there was something biologically wrong with me.

Within a few weeks of stopping TCC and forgetting about it all (its hard at first but the pain of the past disappointment pushes you to forget!), it actually felt good to be 'back to normal' and we just focussed on us. And I fell pregnant that month.

In short, I know there are no guarantees, but I swear TCC stress affects success rates. Its cruel how its like this for some. You would think sperm and egg = baby, irrespective of whether you are planning it or not...but, for me, I truly feel its more than just a coincidence how when I stopped TCC, I got my BFP.

Then again, when I look back and think of that whole unsuccessful TCC period I do rememeber some positives........finding this forum, discovering the cameraderie/support of PF, learning about my body, feeling really passionate about something for once. Guess thats me trying to say that the TCC forum is brilliant, even though there is an underlying disappointment that may keep people in it.

I feel quite emotional about this topic. Its not a case of 'ah well I got my baby' and all is fine now. I rememeber those TCC days so well. How consuming it became for me. The ups and downs.

Anyway I wish you and your OH well. :)

Thanks girls, you really are very kind.

I hoping to get the normal person feeling again soon. I have started to have acupuncture for my terrible PMT so this may help aswell.

I will be popping on here but not obsessing so much about reading up on everything and trying to find solutions or remedies!!!!

:D :D

I was ttc from september 09 and just thought i would fall pregnant straight away as i did with my first but after a few months of dissapointment we decided to try and forget about ttc and just enjoy it instead of all the stress and got my bfp on sat! just goes to show.

All the best of luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back