We are getting there!

Lyndsey

Reaction score
Hello!

I am so happy that I have finally managed to get into a routine. From Birth Logan has been feeding constantly and I have had some serious probs with breast feeding. I had a long chat with my HV about this and it was decided that some sort of routine needed to be set up. It started out that I would only feed Logan every 2 hours ( counted from the start of one feed to the start of another) although if he was unsettled and abvioudly needed feeding then I would feed on demand.

We did this all last week and had a few probs but Logan appeared to be more settled. Anyway this week we have upped the time to 3 hourly ( led by Logan sleeping Longer) and I am happy to say that I have a contented little man who is sleeping for longer and feeding roughly every 3 hours!

Last night he went to bed at 1030 and woke at 130 and then again at 5! This is the longest he has gone for in the night!

I feel so much happier and in control and the breast feeding is going well ( now that I am not doing it constantly!)

That's great news, it all gets so much better from now on. You could try cluster feeding in the evening (feeding every 2 hours) as this may make the night stretches even longer. It wont be long now before he drops a feed, for me it was that middle of the night one and then within a week the length to the next got further and further apart until she was sleeping through. I am so glad the BF is going well, its true what everyone says it just gets to be second nature and is so convenient. i remember in the beginning i thought I'd be housebound as there was no way I'd be able to BF discreetly and as soon as Leorah decided she was hungry she's start crying but now feeds take about 5 mins and I can guess when she needs a feed.

Well done you've dome a fantastic job :hug:

thats great news lyndsey, well done!!
once uv taken control it gets sooooooooo much easier!! :dance:

Thanx every one!

I just got him weighed and he has put on 13 oz this week! So even with not feeding constantly he is getting what he needs!!!! This is so reassuring!

Briliant news Lyndsey, its a good feeling when things go right isnt it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back