So proud

Lyndsey

Reaction score
I am sorry to post this but I just have to!

I have been feeding Logan now for 13 months! I am still breastfeeding and loving it!

People are now getting on at me to stop as I have " been feeding long enough!" but I have no plans to stop just yet! It took me long enough to get started and it was such hard work at the beginning. I am really enjoying it now and I will not stop!

Again sorry to post I just had to get that off my chest! :lol:

Well done!! :cheer:

You should be very proud i hope i can make it that far :)

Aw Lyndsey, that's a real shame. There's been a couple of interesting discussions on the Feeding and Nutrition board about breastfeeding past 1 year and beyond - clicky here and here. You are definitely not alone, I know that Melanie is still feeding Thea who is over 1 year.

I think you are amazing to get to one year and you should ignore anyone who thinks they can comment on your situation, its up to you and Logan when to stop breastfeeding. The WHO recommend breastfeeding for two years. I would love to get to where you are, and think you are doing a brilliant job.

I was going to write - if you feel that the comments get in your way, then (I know this is not preferable or ideal) could you feed in private in the early morning and early evening and then no-one need know your business?, but actually I've amended this opinion - it definitely shouldn't be anyone else's business and the more people we see breastfeeding past one year in public/at people's houses/at baby groups/at the doctors etc, then the more normal it will become.

Valentine Xxx

wow hun 1st of all congrats on feeding for so long u should be really so proud!
and 2nd dont let people tell u wen u should give up as long as ur still happy carry on hun

:clap: :clap: :clap:

well done you... you should be very proud of yourself and Logan

well done hun you should be feeling really proud of yourself :hug: you have given your little one the best start in life possible xxxxxxxx

You should be damned proud woman...

i know what you mean about taking so long to start wtih!

Anyone who tells you to give up , tell em to sod off. I have no intention of stopping bam feeding till she self weans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back