Way way way TMI (sorry)

Emily0505

Reaction score
So, I went to the toilet this morning (no 2) and when I wiped the tissue was covered in bright red blood.

It was deffo from my bottom, so I think bean is still OK.

When I got up to flush, I noticed that all the water in the toilet was bright red too, so I had obviously bled more than I realised. I have had this before but never this much and I did not have any trouble going so I do not know why I am bleeding.

If it happens again I will get it checked out. Do I mention it to my midwife or book in with my GP? I am unsure as to exactly who I should see what about! I have a midwifr appointment on Friday.

So so sorry for the TMI

XX

I'd speak to gp as midwife would probably refer you there anyways. Sounds like could be piles? I have a pile atm, had one for years but since this pregnancy keeps giving me right jip. Hasn't bled like that though except a few dots of blood on tissue!!!

If defo from bum bum though I'd go to gp, otherwise if not sure speak to midwife!

xxxx

Hiya babe. Bleeding from your bum (bright red) is not good at all - really you should phone your gp surgery if there still open ( NOW ) & explain to the sec over the phone that your pregnant & explain what the water was like in the toilet & your tissue paper & let your midwife know about it on friday.

Are you sure it come from your bum ? Wonder if you have a ulcer & its burst & thats why your getting all this blood from your backpassage ? You need to be seen i think .. nothing like this with this much blood as you explain should be left till later.

xx

i had this too! mine turned out to be a pile, mine bled when i went for a number 2 as well xx

Personally I would go to my G.P if I could get an appointment before friday. If you had to wait til next week for an appointment Though, I would speak to the midwife on Fri. Probably nothing to worry about, but always best to get these things checked out.

I had exactly this it's from either straining to hard to a slight tear. I did this and it took a little while to repair but it did go xxx

Definitely see your gp as an emergency if possible. This amount of blood by the sounds of things does not sound like it's coming from your anus but could well be from your bowel/colon and that's something that needs seen straight away.

I'd actually be tempted to go to A&E or out of hours GP tonight if I were you, because if it is anything like an ulcer or rupture then they'd want to get that sorted ASAP before it causes complications and pain.

Hope you get it seen to soon xx

PS - eeeww but get a stool sample to them if you can xx

I have had this before after passing a particularly 'difficult' one and it's usually because I have a small tear, but obviously only your doctor can tell you if it's ok or not. I have had enough blood to turn the water red before but it's been from a tear. Get checked out if you are concerned. It sounds embarrassing but last time it happened to me I got my husband to have a look to see if there was a split or tear, just depends if that would make you uncomfortable! xx

The thing is, I don't want to go rushing to the docs and cause a fuss over nothing.

I think I'll get the mirror out and see if I can see where the blood was coming from. If it happens again I'll deffo go and get checked out. Like is said it's not the first time but I've not bled that much before.

Thanks for all your replies ladies

XX

It could be an internal pile hun, I've had one of these before. Did you have a bad bowel movement? Was it difficult to push out or diarrhoea? These can cause bright red blood from the back passage.

Go to the docs and get checked to be on the safe side but I'll bet it will be piles.

It wasn't difficult to pass at all which is why it was such a suprise to see the blood.

XX

I feel your inconvience, i actually dread going for a number 2 due to the blood, although mines not as bad as what youve described i think mines a pile or something... keep and eye on it until friday and then tell the midwife and see what she says xxx

i have had this and i told my mid wife a couple of weeks ago - she said that it was probably piles that were on the inside - i had bright red blood and lots of it for over 3 days - the bleeding has stopped and everything is back to normal apparently its quite common when pregnant. To put your mind at rest give your mid wife a call or speak to the nhs direct help line im sure thay can advise you x

Em I had this, bright red blood on tissue and in the loo. I suffer with IBS but because it happened when I was about 6 weeks pregnant I panicked and went to the emergency gp. Examined me and yep - piles!!! Was so embarrassed but relieved it was common, according to the doc, during pregnancy. I just drink loads more water and try and binge on fruit if I'm having a 'hard' day xxx

PS def agree with the others to get it checked out if it persist but you're gonna do that anyway :) x

I'm not pregnant myself and would agree its best to get it checked out, but having read through the thread just wanted to reassure you that a) someobody mentioned it could be from your bowel or colon, which is incorrect. Bleeding like that shows as a black stool, not red blood and b) even a few drops of blood will quickly dilute and colour the water in the toilet bowl, so you probably bled less than you think.

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I appreciate it. Especially as it's not the most pleasant of subjects!

Anyways, because I am sure you all want to know...I thought I would update you on this mornings...movement.:bum:

There was the tiniest teensiest amount of blood on the tissue, nothing like yesterday at all. May not have even seen it if I hadn't been looking for it (eugh!Sorry! Although I bet I'm not the only tissue checker out there! :))

Will keep an eye on it and mention it to midwife on Friday.

Thanks again my lovelies and have a great day!

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back