Waters breaking

crackers24

Reaction score
How does it feel when your waters break?

I've read about it in my books but i think it would be handy to know about how it feels from individuals who have been through it. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Mine broke in the birthing pool. It was weird because 2 seconds before they went I turned to the midwife and said "the baby won't come till me waters go - my waters need to go" (out my tree on G&A I think). The next minute I felt a pop -then a gush. I was 10cm when mine went.

Kim x x x x

I didn't have alot of water, and mine were broken for me in labour when I was about 5cms. It just felt like I was wee'ing myself...little warm dribbles every now and then. I think I kept saying 'I'm peeing myself!' Hehe!

I remember when mine went. I was already well into labour and they broke 30mins before Angel arrived. I distinctly remember lying on my side and i felt them trickle and i said "Errr, i'm leaking!" :rotfl: Midwife lifted my leg and said it was my waters.

I was 8 months pregnant when mine went. I was in the bath and felt a kind of pop - at first I thought it was a kick right on top of my cervix, until I got out of the bath and was slowly trickling down my leg!

Lisa

1st it was at the later stages of labour and i had the sensation of needing a wee so bad i was adiment it was that not my waters the MW agreed in the end as I wouldnt let it go!!

2nd it was a definate pop followed by a gush and lots more gushes right till the end of labour, the first gush i still questioned wether it was my waters or wee luckily I was in hospital and the MW confirmed. My waters were never ending it seemed this time compared to the first, everytime I moved or pushed more came out!

Mine went when I was trying to fall asleep in bed. I quickly stood up and they was a big gush onto a floor (luckily we have wooden floor). The rest kept trickling down pretty much until LO was born.

So for me waters breaking was a sign that something is definitely going to happen soon. LO was born less than 12 hours later.

i didnt even notice :shock:

they obviously mustve broken at some point i cant have carried to term and not ever had any waters lol but when the MW examined me at 5cm dilated she said she couldnt feel any waters there :?

i'd had a shower that morning, a proper long one where i washed my hair so i spose they couldve gone during that, but its funny i didnt notice :?

I was in bed when mine broke. I felt a small pop and leapt up out of bed straight to the bathroom. There was quite alot of water so i just sat on the loo for a few mins :lol:
They continued to leak loads for ages, i went through loads of maternity pads so had to send my mum out to get more before i actually had baby :lol:
It just feels as though you are peeing but have no control, quite a horrible thing i thought TBH.

Mine went with a pop in bed... it's a really weird feeling...so hard to explain.

It then trickled down my leg...and then I had a bit of a gush of waters when I stood up

it continued to trickle for the next 47 and a half hours until she was dragged out :rotfl:

I have no idea :lol:

finlay was early and apparently mine had gone over the weekend but I didn't notice. Went for a wee in the mornings so could have been then :lol:

Mine went when Iwas having contractions....I think I may have even pushed a little to see if it would work lol! Anyways if felt like a little pop so I stood up and water ran down my legs. I hardly carried any water so it wasnt very much and there wasnt a big gush of it but it felt like I weed myself with out needing to go!!

I was sleeping and didn't feel anything, but without thinking I stood up- half in my sleep but I was wide awake. I know that doesn't make sense. I was sleeping, then stood up with no transition between the two. I still didn't feel anything but heard a plop on my carpet and noticed after that my leg was wet. I guess it didn't feel like anything because it was body temperature and I was wearing a nightgown so didn't have wet clothes.

I felt a massive pop and then a huge gush of water. It kind of felt like going for a wee but not being able to control it! (sorry if tmi!) It also felt really warm! sorry again!!

It was the best feeling ever! But then I was in established labour - the midwife broke them when she was poking around - I kept saying 'do it again' :lol: I don't remember hearing a pop, but I felt an immense release/relief of pressure and it felt like a lovely warm waterfall cascading over me, the bed and the floor :rotfl:

I heard this clunk like my pelvis bone popping... something told me to go to the toilet for a wee and just as I pulled my trousers down it sorta gushed out like wee :rotfl:

Mine went in bed and there wasn't a gush but it was pretty constant. OH was following me with a mop. :oops: I had the joy of them leaking for almost 2 days (they keep replenishing until the baby is born, it's well weird!) until I was finally induced.

I was about 8-9cm when they finally popped my waters! I just felt a pop and then a huge release of warm water! It was like I'd wet myself, but I had no control of it. xx

Mine broke gradually, one gush at 2ish in the morning nothing for a few days then another, was induced the next day and had another smaller gush at 4cm. Not the norm so im told and they didnt belive the 1st time that my waters had gone so sent me home, 2nd time the MW said she could feel hair instead of the smooth surface of the water sac iykwim induced me the day after.

I was sat buddha style on the sofa and heard/felt a pop and a very quick warm wet feeling... stood up and it was like niagra falls :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back