Waters Breaking

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
What actually causes your waters to break?
And can the baby kicking downwards break the waters?
She's kicking me VERY low down and i feel as if my waters are gonna go coz shes so rough! :shock:

Oh, and sorry to anyone who thought i was announcing labour by the title :wink:

I thought you were announcing labour!!!

I don't know what makes them break but I soemtimes get the feeling he is going to burst them as he starts bouncing up and down!

P was telling me about the dude he was working with the other night, his wife gave birth two weeks early because she was on a bouncy catle and they went, now my question to her is - what the heck you doing on a bouncy castle at 38 weeks pregnant :shock: but, if thats the way to do it, I am going to spend the weekend looking for little spring fetes and airs and see if I can track me down one bouncy castle!!!

Eek no way would i be on a bouncy castle at 38weeks!! Ive resisted jaycees new trampoline for weeks lol!!
Ok, now im in alot of pain :shock: Its making me shout FCUK!! its that bad!!! Shes gonna pop thru i know she is!!! OWWWWWWWW what shall i do i cant type properly either!! Fcuk this seriously hurts!!!!!!!

do you think they are like contractions or is she just being a little madam? Do you need a wee? I am worried about you now :shock: :hug:

:hug: Thanks hun! i just got up for a wee and some movement hoping she shifts her ass (well, head lol) and gives me some peace! But nope! Still painful! I have BH all the time so i wouldnt really know if its got anything to do with that, but i dont think id just be having pain 'down there'. It would be in my tummy. Shes majorly pushing down as if she wants out! Bloody hurts like hell!! :cry: The worst part is C is at the pub, my mum and step dad are out down the pub too, so if anything was to happen, id be stuck on my own, AND with jaycee!! :shock:

what about bouncing on the birthing ball (if you have one) or drinking an icy cold glass of water, that is supposed to get them moving!!

I hope she calms down soon for you chicken, try and get a little bit of sleep :hug: :hug:

I think that when the babys head touches the membrane of the bag it releases a hormone which causes the waters to rupture, i dont think a baby can kick their way through.

im not sure what the pain youre having could be, it could be LO going further down into your pelvis.
If you have any worries call your MW and call ur OH and demand he comes home lol

I dont have a ball :( I just munched a bag (not telling what size bag :shakehead: ) of jelly babies as sweet things usually get her moving.. she seems to have moved back up slightly but its still really hurting me! Ive never had this before :(

maybe have a bath if that helps her move...Dylan was lying uncomfortably the other night i got on my birthing ball and that helped so maybe move around a bit

:hug:

Thanks hun, i usually have a bath everynight about 8pm to ease BH anyway, i didnt have one today as we got in late from my mums so maybe its her wanting one lol!

Hi

When my waters broke i wanst having contractions and the doctor told me it probably broke by accident so i was always confused what caused it myself
Katrinaxx

Hmmm.. that is strange! How can they break by accident? Ill have to ask my mw that one to see what she says.. i thought waters breaking would set off contractions. Mine did right away.
Ill ask her and let u know Katrina, thanks for that :hug:

Hi

Thanks hun would be cool to know :) she said if i remember correctly that it was the way baby was laying or somthing? dont quote me on it though , hope you figure it out. !
I wish mine started contractions so i wouldnt of had to be induced :)
Katrina

I was the same as Katrina last time, my waters broke when I got out of bed but I didnt start having contractions so I had to be induced :(

I thought it was the weight of the baby that made your waters break but I think chaelihol is right about it being set off by a hormone or something :?

Yeah i just read they believe babies send signals for them to break or its just the cervix dialating that causes them to break.. but wouldnt the cervix dialating need contractions? Hmmm :think:

My sons waters broke with him booting me, i was having contractions anyway but a definate swift kick did the job and contractions went from ok to 'oh sh*t' :rotfl:

:rotfl: Haha bless him!! 'Here you go mum, a helping hand!' Or foot in your case! :rotfl: Thats so cute!

Hi

x-kirsty-x - my wtares broke after i went to the bathroom i went and sat in bed :) seems like we had a similar start to labour!
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back